Thread: HKC kettlebell certification page

FitMountain is offline Member
    Charlotte NC

HKC kettlebell certification

Shop Now
    Hey all,

I'm going to the HKC workshop/cert this weekend and was wondering if anyone out there has done the same or worked with a kettlebell certified trainer and would like to share any thoughts?

I have been using KBs for about 9 months and only recently training with an RKC. My form appears solid thru the 3 core moves (swing, goblet squat, TGU). I'm only really nervous about the "teaching others" portion and totally clueless about how the day in question will flow.

Know your limits. Then shatter them.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    VA USA
    Shop Now
    I thought about doing it but I would never leave my "day job" and be a trainer primarily or even on the side. I have worked three times with an RKC II who is also AKC trained (more girevoy sport oriented) and enjoyed it and learned a ton. I've been doing kettlebells for about 3 years now. At some points in my life I have closely adhered to the "program minimum" workout and at other times the "rite of passage" from ETK progressing from a 16kg to 20kg to 24kg. Now, I am just doing things more ad hoc without a specific goal although that may change this winter as I would like to complete 5 ladders of 5 rungs with the 24kg but I am 42 and if I never make it beyond SSST, I really don't care. I have got several times 80 sets of 7 reps with a 16kg on the 15:15 VWC protocol though.

I'd say if you want to be a trainer or are just really curious or money (I think it s $500) is no object, do it. If not, you may want to reconsider and really ask why you are doing it.

One of my professors in college said that our field of study was 90% self taught. I really believe that is true with most things. The more you just practice on your own the more you will learn. While a course will undoubtedly help so will practice and study on your own. of course though if you really want to be a trainer and need the letters by your name to help your business, it totally makes sense to do the program.

I beileve there are 1 or 2 other people who read this forum who are also HKCs.
    Last edited by JeffC; 09-14-2011 at 07:33 AM.