1-2 tbs chia seeds
2-3 cups broccoli cooked (steamed al dante)
1 tbs olive oil
coconut oil to grease the pan
1/4 cup goats cheese (hard yellow grated cheese) - the smellier the better
Mash the cooked cauliflower, add the cheese, eggs and chia seeds
Add any flavoring you choose (I use salt, pepper, garlic and italian herbs)
Bake in oven at 375 for about 40 minutes.
* 6 ounces fresh cauliflower
* 6 ounces fresh broccoli
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 cups milk
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
* 1 teaspoon English mustard
* cayenne pepper to taste
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium saucepan with enough water to cover, boil cauliflower and broccoli until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a medium baking dish.
3. In a separate medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter, and stir in flour. Gradually whisk in milk, and increase heat to medium. As the mixture thickens, whisk in English mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Continue whisking until a thick sauce has formed, being careful not to allow the mixture to boil. Sprinkle in 2/3 of the cheese, and stir until melted.
4. Pour sauce over broccoli and cauliflower. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese during the final 10 minutes of cooking.
Tags for this Thread