Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Mamas - Anyone know much about Raspberry Leaf Tea in Pregnancy? page

Dino Babe is offline Junior Member

Primal Mamas - Anyone know much about Raspberry Leaf Tea in Pregnancy?

Primal Fuel
    Hi Everyone,

I'm just interested to hear your experiences with Raspberry Leaf Tea during pregnancy. I am 19wks 6days today, and have been drinking some RRL Tea for about a week now. I understand it is a nutritional tonic as well as having some what can only be described as very favourable effects on labour! I've been doing a bucket load of reading, and am hungry for more information. Please drop by and let me know your experiences! I would love to read them!

Thanks for your time,
    Dino Babe.
    "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." - Oscar Wilde

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

"Forever is composed of nows" - Emily Dickinson

bodhimama is offline Member
    I drank it before I was primal, but my midwife (I birthed both my kids at home) very much recommended it. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of plain water too, as the tannins can be a bit dehydrating. I was getting constipated from it because I was overdoing it a bit and not drinking enough plain water.

Thanks Bodhimama, I have been getting in plenty of water too! Did notice very dry lips the first few days, and figured it was dehydrating. Good to hear your midwife was a fan. Do you think it helped? With labour and/or lochia?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    I drank it religiously during my first pregnancy and a heavily medicated, very painful, induction. I didn't drink it at all during my second and had only 9 minutes of active labour before the baby shot out!

Coincidence, most definitely, but it is my experience none the less. lol
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Thanks Athanasey! I guess it will be as it will be! Just curious, were you primal for either pregnancy?

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    No definitely not. Also I was severely anemic for both my pregnancies but had an iron infusion a few weeks before I gave birth to my second. I imagine that made a world of difference. I have heard great things about raspberry leaf tea in an otherwise normal pregnancy.
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I read all sorts of stuff on MDC about how it will speed up your labor if you drink a bunch as soon as labor begins. My sister followed those recommendations to a T...she had a 42 hr labor. (She was also totally primal throughout her pregnancy, just fyi.) FWIW, my labor was 50+ hours, so long labors are most likely genetic for us. (We also both had unmedicated vaginal births--mine was a homebirth and hers was in a hospital known for its low cesarean rate with a midwife.)

I have read great things about RRL tea though and if I were pregnant again I'd totally be doing RRL infusions (al la Susun Weed) regularly for the minerals as well as the loading up at the beginning of labor *just in case* it could speed things along...
    Last edited by FairyRae; 09-13-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    I love RRL tea! I drank it during both pregnancies... loved it. as far as helping me we labor... not so much... but it helped bring my Uterus back to normal size by drinking after delivery w/both kids... also kept my locchia short as well..

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i used it.

i don't know if it helped or not.

i had a pleasurable (painless) and often orgasmic labor that lasted 24 hrs from beginning, first small contractions, to active labor (2-2.5 hrs apparently).

I also birthed at home, unassisted. I wasn't primal.

post partum, i bled very little and had no tears, and only had lochia for a week or so (if that). it took 14 months for my vagina to be normal. I put this out there so that first timers have the information. It was NOT NORMAL after 6 weeks like everyone kept telling me it "would be." It took 14 months.

PrimalCon New York
    Hi All,

Thanks heaps for responding.

Just curious, how did you take the RRL tea, ie. what strength, what frequency, etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast