Thread: Protein needs page

ugogirl1968 is offline Junior Member

Protein needs

Primal Fuel
    I have been trying to swith to primal blueprint for a month and a half..done pretty well except for a few small things..like being consistant with exercise and giving up my diet coke. I really need to do that. But I am having a hard time trying to figure out my protein needs..I have read and read it and still have a hard time to actually figure it out! Is there anyone who can help me with this?

gunnk is offline Senior Member
    Honestly... Grok didn't count grams of protein and neither do I!

Yes, if you have very specific fitness goals (mostly bodybuilders), then you may need to do so. Otherwise:

1) Avoid grains
    2) Avoid junk sweeteners: Here's my Order of Evilness: #1 High fructose corn syrup #2 Artificial sweeteners #3 Refined sugar
    3) Eat real food (i.e. avoid anything with ingredients that look less like food and more like a laboratory inventory)
    4) Avoid legumes
    5) Watch alcohol and caffeine intact

Otherwise, just eat meat, vegetables (lots of people neglect these), some fruit and dairy if you like/want/can tolerate it. Eat less if you want to lose weight. Eat more (especially meat) if you're trying to gain muscle.

No need to overthink it! Just enjoy and adjust to "more" or "less" as needed by YOU.
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

ugogirl1968 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you!! That has been what I have been doing and its been going fine so far..I have lost 22 lbs so far and its been really good, minus what I mentioned above. I haven't counted any protein, just wanted to make sure tho!

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Assuming you're not lifting, I'd still go for around .8 to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass that you have.