Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play video games? page 4

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Right now I'm in the throws of Mass Effect...this game rocks! I love anything RPG really. Gonna pick up Fallout 3 and Dragon Age at some point after I finish Mass Effect.

I'm a huge fan of blizzard games too. Can't wait for Diablo III and Startcraft 2. So many hours of life lost to blizzard games in college.

I grok, therefore I am.

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Hardcore PC gamer here - worked as a games journo during the 90s. I play games for hours on end to the extent I have horrible postural issues. I just can't seem to stop myself though!

LTC - Mass Effect is awesome - sequel comes out very soon (although I have other games to finish first). You will love Fallout 3 (did you try Oblivion as well?)

Unless you get the game of the year edition, I'd recommend playing Fallout 3 through before you add the DLCs (Broken Steel in particular) - they change the ending and although extra levels are nice, they totally unbalance the game. The original ending is indcredibly poignant. With Broken Steel - well there isn't a formal ending as such.

Dragon Age is next on my list after I finish my current game (Neverwinter Nights 2 - never played it when it first came out as my old PC couldn't handle it).

I tend to play games through several times picking different options, character builds, companions etc so I can be playing the same thing for a couple of months. I think I went through Mass Effect maybe 10 times. Will probably play it again before ME2 comes out to refresh my memory.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

Yup...I've played almost any recent RPG that's been out for the 360. I like to wait until they are cheap $$$. I picked up Mass Effect for $10 just last month! Played Oblivion many many times for many many hours.

Fallout 3 is a good price at $30 now. I just can't justify spending $70 on a game anymore. I should have picked up Dragon Age for $40 when it was on sale at x-mas. I'm kicking myself for that one!

Used to be a PC RPGer...played all the Ultima games, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Elder Scrolls, etc...

ME2 looks awesome! The whole integrating of your choices from the first one is a great feature.

I grok, therefore I am.

Hunter of the Shield is offline Junior Member

Currently playing MW2 and Halo ODST on Xbox. i play a lot less games than I used to.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

I used to play WoW awhile back. I started b/c I was looking for a way to connect w/ my scared-of-real-life boyfriend. I actually liked it quite alot but it started sucking my life away as its famed for doing. So I stopped playing, got rid of the scared-of-the-world boyfriend and decided to live life for keeps

Sometimes I miss it though, b/c it WAS kind of entertaining to play sometimes!

If I had a Wii I know i'd be addicted to that too.

mhoward is offline Member

Ha! Huge fan here of all RPG's, like fallout, oblivion, mass effect, neverwitner nights, baldur's gate, KOTOR.

However, I have to keep it in small doses. Staying up until 3am on a regular basis is rather detrimental to one's health. Games used to distract me from eating well and exercising, but that is no longer the case - I am only willing to sacrifice sleep.

evanator is offline Junior Member

Oh video games. I used to be big into them when i was ... Well ... Big haha. I still hold a special place for them in my heart. I keep up to date (or try to) in my free time.

I am currently enjoying Borderlands on the PS3, and that game is deep on the gameplay, and light on story. Highly recommend for those who only ever feel like gaming an hour max, because (personally) Borderlands is best served in small doses. Let me know if anyone wishes to hop in a little co op!

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

I just picked up Uncharted 2: Among Thieves today for the PS3. I haven't bought a game in such a long time. I heard it's kind of like Tomb Raider, which I used to enjoy. Anyone played it?

evanator is offline Junior Member

I've played it! Great game, made me wanna go jump off stuff just like Nathan Drake.

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I want a 360 but I know myself too well that if I had one nothing else would get done

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast