Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the balls. page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

Let's talk about the balls.

Of your feet.

And how much using a lacrosse ball to massage them (and your foot in general) hurts. I've been doing this for a little over a month now. I stand for half of my day at work and do the lacrosse ball torture-treatment on average 2-3 times a week for about a half hour on each foot. I could do it more often but forget to, and I don't suppose it's something you should do daily anyway. Sometimes the pain is pretty incredible, but after you treat the area it's not so bad.

Any tips on this from others that do it, or things you've learned to do/not do?

Any other areas in which you use the ball? I haven't tried any others yet. The guy from mobilitywod.com said to put it under your butt and massage that area, but quite frankly, the thought of sitting directly on it is pretty scary. Anus trauma, not into it.

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    I sit on the ball and massage my piriformis. Goes nowhere near the butt crack, so you don't have to worry about explaining things to the ER doc. Oh, and do it clothed, duh!

I'm on my foam roller and my Lax ball on the butt nearly every day, but certainly after squatting and doing deadlifts. I don't have feet problems, so I don't bother with it for my feet.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I want to get a Lacrosse ball, but they only had 6-packs for like $15 at the Dick's store I went to. Where else should I look?

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I want to get a Lacrosse ball, but they only had 6-packs for like $15 at the Dick's store I went to. Where else should I look?
    Check the curb gutter. That's where I found mine.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    I thought this was going to be another man thread. lol
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    You should be able to find 2-packs. I did at Sports Authority and Modell's. I keep one at work and one at home.

Blah is offline Senior Member
    I just a golf ball for my feet, since the closest thing I could get to a lacrosse ball in NZ is a bit soft. I find the golf ball works really well.
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i don't think the ball is supposed to go directly on your anus, so much as in that *ahem* nether region. i've never done it personally, but i've read about it (i have a lot of pelvic tightness that needs to be worked out). you could also use the ball to massage someone else's back, though a well-oiled small bouncy ball works better. two balls feels great on the lower part of my back; i lay them on either side of my spine just above my glutes and roll, moving the balls parallel to my spine. does that make any sense?

maybe consider trying out different shoes? i walk barefoot the majority of my day and have no problems whatsoever; but when i wore narrow heels often, that area always bothered me. of course i'm not suggesting that you're wearing heels, but maybe your shoes are too narrow.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Check the curb gutter. That's where I found mine.
    If you live near a university campus with a club lacrosse team you're bound to find a few here and there. That's how I got mine!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    i don't think the ball is supposed to go directly on your anus.
    Preserved for history.

I know that haha I was joking about that one. I do think I've given my coworkers enough of a show with the foot massage so I'll save the butt massage for when I'm home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast