Thread: Primal In New Brunswick, Canada page

Casper is offline Junior Member

Red face Primal In New Brunswick, Canada

Primal Fuel
    Well I was happy just eating what I was eating until...... A friend of mine told me about eating like a caveman. Instantly it made so much sense to me. So I began to look into it and found Marks Daily Apple.

OMG, what a difference. I use to drink minimum 3 cans of pepsi a day. I used to eat sandwiches (bread) at least 2 meals a day. It's amazing, the difference just taking those 2 out of my diet. I have not been able to go totally gluten free yet. But I am working on it.

The biggest problem I have is I hate vegetables. texture and taste for the most part. Like that smell that goes up the back of your nose when you eat green peppers. I really don't like that.

I do find I have more energy. for instance, I volunteer as a firefighter in the town I live in, Last Saturday there was a Fireman's Muster at a neighboring community. Generally I would be tired and burnt out early in the day at an event like this. That morning instead of having a bowl of cereal and a couple pieces of toast with strawberry jam. I had some Skinny B and a Protein shake. Quite a difference, I had energy for at least 5 hrs.

On Friday the day before I ate mostly protein (no sugars or carbs) and I worked in the woods behind my house for 8 hours and I did not feel as tired and I did not quit early in the day like I use to.

I have been reading the kindle version of Primal Blueprint and I know I'm not totally there being 80% Grok but I know I will be there soon. It seems the less I eat this stuff the more less my brain tells me i need it. Thanks Mark for putting up this site. I really appreciate all that you are doing for people and sharing your knowledge.

Next step will be barefoot or close to it.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Caspar. Keep working away at going primal.

You don't absolutely have to eat veggies. But there are lots of ways to make them tasty.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rolfdevinci is offline Member
    Cool. Good to see another Maritimer hereabouts. I'm down the road in Nova Scotia.
    Geo

Thanks guys! I went to GNC this morning and bought pretty much the same supplements that Mark recommends. I'm definitely committed still missing chocolate chop cookies :-)

The Skinny B I was talking about above is loaded with Chia seeds. Holy Crap & Skinny B | The world and is gluten free. Seems to be a primal food.

Totally gluten free now! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! But still hating veggies. Tried a few on the weekend. Still on the Meat and Fruits and Supplements and Whey. I saw "Greens +" at GNC I may have to add that to my shakes? In the mornings I'm having 3 eggs, 4 strips of bacon, ISO Protein shake with chia seeds added. Most days, even though I'm very active, I'm not hungry till supper time. :-). I have more energy and my core is feeling stronger. I'm very happy with this way of life.

I went to my camper this weekend and thought Oh no I'm gonna blow it. but all was ok. I ended up having 1 hamburger out of courtesy and a lack of understanding from a neighbor and a couple light beers. So I'm gonna chalk that up to the 80 % rule from the book :-)

Last spring I weighed myself and I was 245. I'm going to have to find a scale and check it out just to see what the change has been? I still don't want a scale in my house. I just want to have a look.

Decided to start a blog Primal In New Brunswick going to try and document my primal experience. :-) I'm sure it'll be mostly rambling but I'll plug away at it :-)

245 when i started down to 228 now! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Caper is offline Junior Member
    Hi, i'm a Maritimer as well (moved from Cape Breton to Moncton NB) can anyone help me in my search for raw, fermented cheese and good eggs in my area? produce selection here sucks!

jwhal is offline Junior Member
    Not fully primal yet (working on it), but I also live in Riverview. Small world!