Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut Oil as Deodorant page 2

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Namelesswonder, how do you use the baking soda?

Clemgrad, thanks for the heads up.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    ^Like baby powder, just pour a little in my hand and pat it on. I brush off any excess into the sink. Makes my skin super smooth and soft Supposedly not the best idea to use it straight-up like that, but I don't know why (probably killing natural bacteria or something). I used to use antibacterial soap periodically to wash my pits, which helped for a little while, but the scent would always come back really strongly (probably because I was messing up my natural flora).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for explaining that. I wonder if using a makeup or body duster to apply the baking soda would lessen the mess. If coconut oil ever stops working for me, I will keep this in mind.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yeah I think a small baby powder bottle with the holes in the close-able cover might worn, but I don't know how the granules of the soda compare to a traditional powder. I don't use baby powder or make-up so I've just been making a mess and using the mess to clean the sink in the process heh.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Pkleghaei is offline Junior Member

Deodorant

Coconut Oil as Deodorant is such a nice technique that is good to know that coconut oil is so beneficial for skin and body, I am definitely gonna try cocnut oil as deodrant. coconut oil is a natural therapy and it doesn't contain any aluminum. I want to ask you something that how to use coconut oil because earlier i used it for a while but i found that I had to wait for it to dry before putting my clothes on otherwise I would get oil stains. so i want to ask that it would not put permanent stairs.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I started making my own back in November, and have not used any commercial stuff since. My recipe is 1/4 cup CO, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (cornstarch works too, but seems a little more gritty), and then about 15 drops of mixed essential oils, current favorite is eucalyptus and peppermint. These proportions are the perfect amount for a left over deodorant stick. This stuff keeps me pretty darn dry (from arrowroot powder) and odorless (baking soda and coconut oil), and I never get big zits in my pits anymore. I also noticed that with commercial stuff, it would stop working after a month or so, and I'd have to switch it up with a different brand, but not so with this stuff.

My girlfriend thought I was loosing my mind, but after a month I got her to try it and she loves! She has the sweatiest, stinikiest armpits, and no over the counter deodorant can even come close to taming it (even the $8 ones!). It's super effective, and pretty darn cheap, and you know exactly what's in. What's not to like?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    DH was having a heck of a time with local deodorants, and we would buy natural stuff from the US at a bazillion dollars a container, which wasn't working fab anyway. I recommended straight old CO on his pits, and it works. He can even work out without making a stench.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I recently started doing this instead of using my rock ("crystal" sounds so effeminate. It's a freakin' rock that I rub in my armpits, dammit!)

Works great for me, and just means one less thing I have to keep on the bathroom countertop, since I already use coconut oil for shaving. And hair gel.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, gonna try that before going for a run at lunch. Thanks for the tip!

My recipe is 1/4 cup CO, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (cornstarch works too, but seems a little more gritty), and then about 15 drops of mixed essential oils, current favorite is eucalyptus and peppermint.
    Going to try that asap. I love sandalwood, what a great way to customize a gentle smell.

No, how can i convince my husband to try it? His deodorant is AWFUL!
    Last edited by Leida; 02-22-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12