Thread: Wedding in 10 weeks! page

Sydneygirl is offline Junior Member

Wedding in 10 weeks!

Primal Fuel
    I'm getting married in 10 weeks and want to use the 30 day challenge to lose at least 5kg. I've been following a Paleo diet for around 3-months and although I've only lost about 2kg I have lost 3% of my body fat, 4cm from my waist, 2cm from triceps, 2cm from hips so all round pretty good result.

My big challenge is consistency with diet and alcohol. I am good all week with Paleo meals and workouts only to lose control on the weekends!! Need all the help I can to get myself to my goal. Any tips welcome or advice so I keep up the motivation. Will log daily food diary and workouts here.

norak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    My big challenge is consistency with diet and alcohol. I am good all week with Paleo meals and workouts only to lose control on the weekends!! Need all the help I can to get myself to my goal. Any tips welcome or advice so I keep up the motivation. Will log daily food diary and workouts here.
    Sounds familiar. I'm not getting married, but I have a similar goal as yours. To get back in shape in ~10 weeks.

I'm also doing the 30 day challenge, starting today, so hopefully we will both succeed.

Good luck!
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydneygirl View Post
    I'm getting married in 10 weeks and want to use the 30 day challenge to lose at least 5kg. I've been following a Paleo diet for around 3-months and although I've only lost about 2kg I have lost 3% of my body fat, 4cm from my waist, 2cm from triceps, 2cm from hips so all round pretty good result.

Be strict. My best losses were when I avoided the alcohol and excess carbs.

My wedding is on Saturday, and though I'm not at the goal I set at the beginning, I'm so much happier with my health now than when I started. It's a side-benefit I never saw coming.

Good luck!

anjelevil is offline Senior Member
    I have made a point to quit alcohol for the 30 days.It always sets me off what I am doing and I end up on a binge or being non primal.This time I am 18 days in and now alcohol.I have already lost over 5kg as well as 10 inches or so.
    Good luck with your challenge

Libre27 is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol is a killer for me too. I love getting a nice buzz and enjoying myself, but I doubt it ever does much good for my body when I drink.