Thread: PB and Heavy Bag Workouts page

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hello all. I'm new to PB. Really new--I discovered MDA two days ago, read it for a couple hours, and promptly ordered the book (which according to Amazon gets here Monday!). I've been starting to think about my workouts, and I was wondering what the primal take on heavy bag workouts was? I've got a heavy bag collecting dust in my basement right now and I feel like my inner Grok wants to give it a workout!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Oh, YEAH!!!

Nothing removes stress quite as well as kickin' a heavy bag's @ss.

But be sure to tape your hands and use bag gloves, and make sure your form is good for your punches.

If you throw in some kicks, knee and elbow strikes, you can get an awesome workout ;-)

AlexK is offline Junior Member

Thanks! It seemed like it fit right in. I did KM about 10 years and 80 pounds ago, and then got stuck in the cubicle drone lifestyle. I'm really looking forward to getting back into fighting shape.

bpm
    bpm is offline Junior Member

One tip that makes it a bit more fun (and tough) is to do what we used to do at my gym: use electrical tape or duct tape to make a series of small 'X's in many positions on the bag. As you work, aim only for the Xs, not just random punches. Ups the focus quite a bit.