Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taken the challenge after a year of drooling page

mamamiajohnson is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Taken the challenge after a year of drooling

Shop Now
    HAVE PROCRASTINATED 4 A YR. Have been stalled do to realllllllllly sweet coffee every morn & southern sweet tea all day & nite. But at 5am woke up & layed there argueing with myself as whether to try or not to try that was the ? . TRY!!!!! I have been working on a positive affirmation about liking smooth rich black coffee 4 about a week. So I took a sip & was shocked it didn't taste super bitter It was rich & smooth. Had an afternoon coffee with coconut milk...that wonderful fat kept me satisfied all afternoon. Drank water & tried not to think of tea. Haven't done measurements yet but will do tomorrow. Starting weight 242....and at 5'2 thats really bad.
    Food & bevs 4 the day
    1. Food & Bevs 09/12/;2011
    2. 3 poached eggs
    3. 3 pork chops
    4. 2 cups green beans
    5. 2 cups coffee 1 w tbsp coconut milk

Well dropped 4lbs hooray
    Food for 9/13
    Coffee w/coconut milk
    2 kiwi
    large burger patty w/cheese & grilled onions
    16oz almond milk
    lots of water
    Days R too crowded have got to work on the play & physical part of the challenge. Positive affirmations working great have not missed my super sweet coffee & the coconut milk really keeps me satiated. try 4 more play tomorrow & considering the time I'm making this post gotta work on the sleep issue

vetti_em is offline Junior Member
    Very impressive!
    What a great start
    I am inspired to try positive affirmations to combat my thoughts wandering toward a sugar hit to contract the afternoon brain slump.
    I know from past experience my weight won't move while any sugar is going into my system.

I have had no sugar & really suprized I am not having more of a craving, because I would put bout 1/4 cup in my coffee (8oz) & drink southern sweet tea all day & nite...but so far so good. I started to buy some Stevia...but decided to wait to see how long I could go...I have some dark choc if a craving really hits me. But I have been doing positive affirmation regarding living healthy & I am not having any problems refusing temptations & I am the only one in thr household doing the challenge...but if U want some info on positive affirmations my brother has a blog with some great info on it see my quit smoking story under "comments" & my name Milliann ...Thanks 4 the good words...heres the site Create Powerful Positive Affirmations

I wasn't able to get on line yesterday, but...I am still on task...no cravings. Did not lose anything on the scale yesterday but did lose 1/2 lb this mornings weigh in. Was haviing trouble getting around to cooking & was going long periods not eating...although I was staying satiated by eating coconut milk I was afraid I might get tempted 4 something quick so I bought a rotessierie chicken...so it a pull off & eat...the coconut products R really amazing 4 keeping U satisfied I sat out in the sun 4 the last two days & took a walk...will concentrate next week on the physical challenges of being Primal. Got a really great recipe I'm gonna try to get done for the recipe challenge!!!! My girls (I have 5 , 34,29,27, 20,19) R going to be so jealous at the end of this challenge LOL

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Glad it's going well. I will check out the affirmations.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thx 4 the imput...cked out ur blogs...will put them on my list as i am an avid reader and consume huge amounts of info daily. So I will be visiting to read ur info. You know what realllly suprized me was "soy" i think it is more prevalent that sugar in most store bought foods even the artisonal dressings all have soy?

Well officially ending the 1st week of the challenge doin great...feelin great...am going to try & up my veggie/salad intake. Keep up w/good fats cause the coconut products & avocados r really keeping me satisfied. Broke down & had tbsp reg mayo w/tuna...will try my hand at some homemade this coming week. weighed in at 235.75 this morning a loss of 6.25 lb. Not bad goal is 7 so tomorrows weigh in we'll see. I realllllllllllllllllllllly need to measure cause i can tell i am losing gobs of inches. I always lose in my diaphram first & I put on a shirt that has that stretch stuff in it, but I have never been able to wear it because the lycra "hugged" me & it made me so uncomfortable I've never worn it...so today i decided to see how it fit....wow wee it not only fit IT WAS LOSE!!!! a LYCRA shirt was lose...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well have been doing really great on the diet side of the challenge & down 9 lbs. But I am already down a size plus...I have had the carb flu since Monday...so i have tried adding a few more carbs...made the banana ice cream 4 breakfast added some frozen strawberries, coconut milk & a little cocoa...it was awesome!!!! Really want to get the physical part started & sleep oh what a dream that is....lol...It is so great to be in this challenge!

Scale has not moved...but clothes r continuing to get loser. To much fruit...the banana ice cream is to die 4. But am getting over the carb flu...out of coconut milk though...am going to store 1st thing as it has been keeping me very satisfied!!!Starting to feel a renewed energy level & change in sleep patterns as I am getting up earlier...not able to lay there. Made avocado chocolate pudding it was extremely filling & killed any sweet craving i thought i might have. Still hoping to hit 10lbs by tomorrows (actually today) weigh in. Have several "physical activities" planned 4 the week to try & up my "lifting heavy things".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast