Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (cstrac) page

cstrac is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (cstrac)

Alright lets see if I can keep up with this thing!

Day 1:

I was unprepared for the challenge to start so I didn't have a lot in the way of food (I went shopping tonight though)

Food Intake:

B: 6 Strips of Bacon
    L: Bowl of Vegetable Soup
    D: Bowl of Vegetable Soup
    S: Banana

Can really feel the withdraws from not having soda today but I am going to keep on trucking and hopefully it will pass.

This may be the first night in weeks that I might actually get 8 hours of sleep, and that is with waking up early tomorrow morning to fix breakfast!

I am really excited and hope I can carry on through the challenge to the end.
    Last edited by cstrac; 09-12-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Day 2:

Food Intake:

B: Apple
    D: Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms, Bacon and Jalapeņo Shrimp, and Grilled Vegetables

Still having a little of trouble from the withdraws from soda but not as bad as yesterday. Cooked up a lot of food tonight so I should be set for the week.

Day 3:

Food Intake:

L: 2 Hamburger Patties and Grilled Vegetables
    D: Tomatoes and an Omelet with Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, and Ham

Didn't have any headaches today so maybe I am getting over the withdraws. Still feel a little tired and all I want to do is crack open a Mountain Dew and guzzle it down! Staying strong though!!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yay! Hang in there! You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Day 4:

Food Intake:

B: Nothing
    L: 2 Porkchops and Mixed Vegetables
    D: Salad with Chicken, Ham, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Boiled Eggs

Did pretty well today. Still have cravings for sugary foods but they aren't as strong as they were. Noticing a lot of social pressure to just conform and eat like everyone else.

Day 5:

Food Intake:

D: Omelet with Peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, and Ham

Not to bad for the first week. It will be interesting to see how the weekend goes!

FLGurl is offline Junior Member
    Congratulation! Just by participating in this challenge we have all taken the first step in doing something positive for our health.
    I had sugar cravings for the first four days, but it seems to be gone now. Hang in there and soda will start to look like nothing you'd ever want to drink. I used to guzzle it down a few yrs ago, but now can't stand the stuff.
    Just my two cents but I was wondering is the apple by itself a good meal? I know everyone is different, but that would be too sugary for me to eat by itself without some protein (maybe nuts or nutbutter) to balance it. It would cause me to crave sweets in an hr or two.
    Best of luck and I hope you reach all your goals.

Thanks for the support, FLGurl.

The apple isn't ideal for me but it is really easy to grab and take to work with me. I always have the best intentions to get up early and make some eggs and bacon for breakfast but it never works out. I actually hadn't thought about the apple adding to my cravings. It might be a good experiment to take it out.

Good idea on the nuts! That shouldn't be too hard to get together quickly.

Day 6:

Food Intake:

B/L: 2 Tilapia Fillets and Mixed Vegetables
    D: Salad with Beef, Tomatoes, Peppers, and Onions

Everything went well today. No cravings!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 7:

Food Intake:

B/L: Ham and Eggs
    D: Fajitas

Kinda fell off the wagon a little bit for dinner. We went to Tulsa for a concert and ended up eating at a Mexican restaurant. I still tried to be pretty primal but did eat some corn chips and corn tortillas. It is difficult to go to a restaurant and eat strictly primal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast