Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: vanilla latte? page 5

Brent* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirama View Post
    You know what's dreamy in coffee when I make it at home? Kara coconut cream. It's thick creamy crack. Just divine.

(I do have a soy mocha anywhere from 2-6 times a month. I know it's not primal, and I'm trying to cut way back by only letting myself have a coffee drink rather than espresso when I have a free drink card. I don't really eat any other legumes anymore, I can't have dairy, and sometimes I just want one, dammit. I have left feedback on Sbux site requesting alternate milks, like rice, but no go so far).
    any idea where I can find kara coconut cream (aside from amazon.com)? thanks!

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I but it at my local Asian market. I haven't found it in chain stores.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

ilaila645 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I used to order ice lattes all the time. Almost $4 if I remember correctly? Then I realized that I could order a tall iced doppio (2 shots of espresso over ice) and then add my own milk from the stuff at the end of the counter. I ended up saving, like, $2 per drink?

Now I request that they put heavy cream in it and I don't get charged extra. The baristas were confused about what I wanted exactly at first but now they know me so it's no big deal. The cream has it's own sweetness. I just add cinnamon and I'm a happy camper.

But I recently started making my own espresso at home with my bialetti stove top espresso maker and I do add vanilla extract from time to time. Now I only go to starbucks when I'm craving something horrible, work is treating me badly and I want to treat myself. I like my coffee way better than starbucks anyways.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345