Thread: PrimalJournal(SouthernBellePaleo) page

SouthernBellePaleo is offline Junior Member

PrimalJournal(SouthernBellePaleo)

Shop Now
    So... I'm jumping in. I haven't had a lot of support and by support I mean someone who will take this journal with me so I am hoping by beginning this journal this will increase my accountability and surround me with others who have come to believe in primal eating as I have. It was so funny that I told myself "Today... NO CHEATING... I am doing this for real on my own, no excuses"... I then check my email and there it is "The 30 Day Challenge"! So first off... what my day looked like...

B: 2 USDA Certified Organic eggs-hard boiled... and I label them organic to help me understand my eating and sources of eating because I am on the search on pasture fed animals.; Starbucks Vanilla Coffee (the new instant coffee packet) with cream... drank 3/4

L: Spaghetti Squash with tbsp butter, salt, and pepper mixed with fresh green beans roasted with fress garlic, onion, and olive oil.

Snack: 1 piece of Ghiradeli (sp?) 72% cacao; about 5 sips of a cherry limade from Sonic and the cherry out of it... trying to be honest here

D: Cobb salad with cheddar cheese and balsmic vingarette

Today was stressful especially the end of the day. My job is high stress and pressure and calls for swift problem solving and managing of chaos. I did get a peaceful lunch where I was able to journal. I am going to comment on my moods and days because my first attempt at primal/paleo uncovered my emotional connection to food and how it feeds my stress and anxiety. Might get about 7 hours of sleep... typically I wake before my alarm... Bloated today due to diet and other things... but I'm in... I'm all in. I came, I'm seeing, and I will conquer.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Are you vegetarian?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SouthernBellePaleo is offline Junior Member
    Soooo..... Dean Dwyer of Being Primal made a great comment that has stuck with me... "Treats are not Cheats".... LIght Bulb! I have found on this journey that your mind can rationalize anything... especially when you are craving sugar! If I want a treat, strawberries in 72% dark chocolate would be suffice... not a brownie made with plenty of flour and vegetable oil!

So yesterday I didn't even have one lick of a chance to even think about journaling... don't even remember what i ate really. I do know that I have been ignoring the fruit punch cake in the fridge at work since Monday. Every time I open the door to reach for my boiled eggs or made at home lunch, it is literally screaming at me! With all its sugary whip cream and chocolate and candied cherries... but I have resisted... almost rationalized just one bite but I knew where that would take me... just another bite... and another... and another... and another... you know where this is going. So feat number one... I have resisted the sugar crack addiction!

Second accomplishment of the week: to ensure where my produce is coming from (or at least some of my produce), I planted some fall vegetables in container pots to also help me accomplish my journey towards being the next Martha Stewart. Some of the my containers full of kale and brussell sprouts and "spring mix" salads make great decorative pots. Not I just hope they live! So kale, broccoli, bok choy, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, basil, parsley, romaine, butter, and iceberg lettuces mixed with cabbages, squash, and zucchini should be ready for the picking in 6-10 weeks. My next adventure tomorrow is to check out the local feed and seed to see if they offer grass-fed butter, milk, poultry, and nitrate free bacon and other pork products. I'm reading my post from the other day and realize I'm actually working towards my goal!

So my menu for the day:

b: coffee with cream and 1 tsp of sugar

l: half of a chicken caesar wrap from ChickFilA (not the greatest I know but it was quick and there)

snack: 2 hard boiled organic eggs

d: cobb salad (romaine lettuce, bacon, avocado, tomato, and balsamic vingarette dressing made with a touch of bacon grease.

3rd day... felt worn from work although I was saved by a dental appointment... no cavities by the way!; I have some congestion in my head going on; slight head ache from the cut back on caffeine from coffee (and maybe sugar)... overall a fantastic, wonderful afternoon, getting home at a decent time allowing me to spend the time to hoe, plant, tote, and create! Already dreaming about my eggs over easy in my bacon grease tomorrow morning with my canadian bacon... need to find me some fruit to wash it down with!

KatyNC is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are on the right path!!! Good luck from another southern belle!