Thread: Primal diet for the skinny guy page

Primal Fuel

How do you guys think a primal diet fits for the really skinny guy? The thing is i definitely don't need to lose weight but maybe even gain some. I have never been fat in my life no matter what i have been eating.

I have heard following a strict primal living actually decreases your appetite. I'm not sure i want that. Maybe I should follow the primal living but with extra serving of fruits or something? Or is there even such a thing as being too skinny provided you get the all the essential micro nutrients? I know being skinny doesn't look very attractive at least

Kryz is offline Junior Member

Nice name. :P

There is a decrease in appetite but there are a lot of calorie-dense foods that you can eat if you want to bulk up. Of course you won't gain muscle unless you do something that builds muscle, i.e. strength training.

mhoward is offline Member

Good question, I am also a 'skinny guy' who wants to follow the blueprint for health reasons. From my own experience, I'd make a couple of suggestions. (1) be towards the higher end of the range when it comes to carbs (like over 100 g a day) (2) eat a moderate amount of potatoes/root vegetables (3) include heavy cream and butter in your diet and (4) include a bit of honey.

I started putting honey in my coffee after realizing that (there have been posts on this) that sugar makes you hungry. So, where I may not have eaten until 2pm that day, I will want an early lunch or breakfast after a tablespoon of raw honey. That is one of the keys to keeping/increasing my weight. It is a twisted interpretation of the blueprint, though.

Beyond that, exercise is key. I don't know what your current routine is. However, I personally do not do any cardio. I do hang cleans, front squats, pullups, pushups, etc three days a week. Since starting exercising two years ago, I have put about 8 pounds and my waist has decreased, so I attribute that to lean mass.

Heh, just realized i posted in completely wrong forum section.

Good suggestions mhoward. I think though that when it comes to carbs fructose is the thing us skinny guys should be looking for since it increases leptin resistance. And what would be a better source of fructose than nutritious fruits? Opinions?

Hm, im not sure how food's calorie density matters at all?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

What are your goals? Like gain muscle, get faster, etc?