Thread: Hector's primal challenge page

Hector's primal challenge

Primal Fuel
    Hello, my name is Hector, I have been primal/paleo for over a year now. The good news is that I love the way I feel and look when I am eating clean, the bad news is that I slack off more often than I care to brag about and the pounds come right back. I am that guy who tells his friends and family about this wonderful lifestyle than I sit back and watch them all succeed with the program while I sit there and forget to follow my own advice. I am really looking forward to using the next 30 days as a jump start to getting back on track. I have decided to follow a paleo (whole 30) approach for this challenge. I feel that my body needs a clean slate, and so does my mind.
    Today is day one of my paleo challenge and I am weighing in at 253.5 pounds. I am a 32 yo male, 6' tall.
    B. 3 pastured eggs fried in bacon fat
    L. BAS organic greens, half an avocado, half a tomato, black olives, balsamic vin, olive oil.
    D. grass fed skirt steak (grilled), rainbow chard sauteed with onions and mushrooms.

I feel great!! It has been a very positive/successful day. I even did a kettlebell workout and walked slowly around the neighborhood with my 16 month old daughter. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my journal, I am looking forward to reading all of your success stories while working on my own.
    Hector

Kick ass day today!! I felt great all day. I eat super clean and am looking forward to the rest of this challenge.

B. 3 pastured eggs scrambled with last nights rainbow chard sautee.
    L. BAS 1/4 lb of grass fed ground beef over mixed greens with sliced tomato and 1/2 haas avocado.
    D. Grilled grass fed sirloin steak with brocolli (kerrygold butter) and some sliced florida avocado.

I played with my little one, walked for about 45 min with her and got my vitamin D in.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there Hector. You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Another good day, however, I actually needed an apple after an intense HIIT workout today. I felt pretty crappy and the blood sugar was definitely low. The apple helped almost instantly.

B. 3 fried pastured eggs (bacon fat)
    L. grassfed hamburger with 1/4 florida avocado with balsamic vinegar
    D. Marks avocado, bacon, egg, and tomato salad.

Kicking ass and taking names!! Day 4 and i am down to 248 this morning. I lifted heavy things, walked at a moderate pace, got some sun and really feel great! Today's post comes at a good time, i have been taking an inventory of how i fel and how i am performing. I am trying not to snack, I feel that I m often bored vs hungry. I feel great and i hope everyone else is feeling great also.

B. 3 eggs scrambled with mixed organic greens.
    L. grassfed ground beef with 1/2 avocado, and 1/4 tomato
    D. grilled marinated (mojo) chicken, braised green cabbage with carrots and onions.

100% paleo for little over 2 weeks now and I am down 10 pounds and feeling great!!!!