Thread: Primal Journal (sires6 - AnnieS) page

sires6 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up Primal Journal (sires6 - AnnieS)

Primal Fuel
    I started a couple of weeks ago, but I will try to post what I eat every day.

Ok, today, I had some
    late BF
    sliced Mango
    a cup of fresh blueberries

I went to Physical Therapy (back injury) for an hour
    then had lunch

a salad with a piece of cajun pan seared tuna
    grilled salmon filet
    grilled shrimp
    a couple or few fried calamari (yes, I know, but I don't eat those usually)
    oil and vinegar

For Dinner
    3-4 Braised Short ribs and a salad with some cherry toms, a little feta (a TB, maybe) and home made oil and vinegar dressing.

frozen fruit, maybe, later.
    The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
    Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

I am having a hard time with the Grok workout.

I just don't get motivated to get out.

Maybe someone can help me with that.

I eat Primal pretty well. Glass of wine occasionally. Bit of dark chocolate. Lots of meat and veggies... and this from a former vegetarian.

Today was Osso Busso with a salad for dinner.

I had cube steak with sauteed summer squash and onions for lunch.

I had a couple of bites of a roast from yesterday and some blueberries and natural apple sauce for breakfast.

I do enjoy going primal. It's so nice to feel better.

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
    Pope John Paul II

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Annie. Diet is the most important thing. In terms of fitness, the key thing is to avoid being sedentary. I suspect you stay active. The minimal level of "exercises" is just that, minimal. If you don't start until primal gives you more energy, fine.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I'm not completely sedentary. It's just hard to be motivated to do stuff sometimes. I'm hungry.

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

I find myself very up and downish about eating. I eat very well and then I don't eat. I am not going off Primal, I just find that I'm not eating. I am eating about one or two meals a day with FitDay tracking me at 1200 or so calories. So, I know... I'm not tracking calories, per se, but is it normal to not be eating.

I had a chance to eat a bunch of cookies and knowing how awful the sugar would taste, I just didn't. Figures. Now I have to figure out how to snack...

Today I'm making Primal Omelette muffins. Actually Grokette number 3 is making them. They smell divine. I am hungry.

Now, I just need to go do some movement.

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

Ok, so I was getting hungry and I figured it out, for weight loss, I had been eating very low carb, mostly proteins and I now understand I don't think I was getting enough protein and fats to counter the lack of carbs. So last night I put a tongue and a roast in the crock to cook overnight and this morning I had the most wonderful large piece of tongue and it was lovely. Oh I am full and don't feel like I am not getting enough.

Lunch will be Primal BAS and dinner will be roast with roasted veggies.

Wow that was fantastic. Oh and my dogs LOVE that I am Primal now. Now, anytime I'm in the kitchen they stand at the doorway of the kitchen (I don't let them in to the kitchen) and DROOL!

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, I've been working on this now for a while, dropped two dress sizes and I HAVE NO MORE JOINT PAIN!!! HOW COOL IS THAT!!!

Today, I had a salad with blue cheese, cheese tomatoes, cucumbers, beef soup with carrots, two all beef organic hot dogs and some beef fat, and a half pint of raspberries.

Dinner will be meatza!

Annie Sires

Pope John Paul II