Hello MDA brothers and sisters,
I've been away from these forums for a while, but the arrival of the 2011 Primal Blueprint 30-Day Challenge encouraged me to jump back in.
I clearly remember the day in January 2010 that I stumbled across this web site. Mark's logic totally convinced me, and the success stories, with their jaw-dropping pictures, inspired me to get to work right away. I had a lot of learning to do, and these forums were a crucial part of my education and motivation during that period of transition.
Within a couple of months, I went from near obese to super skinny. Then I began the long project to build strength. You can see the progression in pictures here:
Before and After
My current goals:
1) Help others discover the Primal Blueprint and improve their own compliance. Becoming healthy for the first time inspired me to spread the wealth. I strive to set the best possible example and share my knowledge with others only when they are ready to hear it.
2) Maximize weightlifting strength. My competitive nature and love of quantified results led me to barbell training, and tomorrow begins the 16th week of my improvised powerlifting program. My initial target is to exceed Richard Nikoley's published numbers from November 10, 2010. As we're both ex-fatties of similar build, the proprietor of Free The Animal seemed like a sensible target for comparison.
3) Develop and publish my intermediate sledgehammer course. The beginner one was great fun and pretty much wrote itself, but taking it to the next level is a challenge. I'm hoping that the process of keeping this journal, plus any feedback I might receive, will catalyze the next series of articles.
4) Develop a well-defined six-pack. I consider this the ultimate corporeal vindication of the Primal Blueprint, as it requires great strength, profound leanness, minimal inflammation and robust hormonal health over a long period of time. Logic and reason are useful tools for changing minds and winning converts, but a striated rectus abdominis speaks loudest of all and brooks no refutation.
5) Vindicate my ancestors. I've thought a lot about them since embracing the Primal Blueprint. I am keenly aware that, to paraphrase J. Stanton, we are each dancing on the pinnacle of an immense pyramid of corpses -- all those who lived before us and somehow survived to usher in a new generation. Did those countless millions hunt, gather, and love, only to have their lineage end with an overweight slob having a heart attack face-first in a bag of Chick-Fil-A? No! I am determined to seize the legacy of my ancestors -- our ancestors -- and forge it into something that can survive our bizarre modern times and carry on for countless generations to come. Because that is Why We're Here.
So this is my modest journal of meals, exercise, and random thoughts. Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.