Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am convinced wish me luck page

loligoss is offline Senior Member

I am convinced wish me luck

Mark it has taken me almost a year to be pursueded to take your challenge. I have followed your blog and printed out recipes

I was always health conscious even though I was vegetarian for many years...I didn't realize that the aches and pains, mood swings (still have those)and lack of energy were food related.

I have been on Atkins since January and it really helped my cravings. I am more like 90/10 than 80/20 but I do fall of the bandwagon.

I still didnt like all the processed foods. I stopped eating and buying them. It has been a huge learning curve for me and my family. I discovered I love to cook and experiment with recipes. My family have at least one cooked meal a day.

We get our veg, eggs and goats cheese delivered to our house. All organic and local with no preservatives etc. We try to limit the processed food we do buy to less than 5 ingredients in the lable. I even have the kids (in their teens) checking lables and putting things back because of weird ingredients. They are all skinny so I tell them that it will just help them not get zits ;-)

We use coconut, olive oil and real butter (no more mazola and margarine) .

I will be able to do this challenge till the 28th of the month, then I will have to take a break for the Jewish New Year as part of our requirements is to have honey and sweetened food to symbolize a sweet year. I will be using raw honey and not purified gunk.

I'm really excited to start. Will post recipes.

Red face Start weight and goal

Start weight before challenge: 59.3 kilo (130.73)
    Goal: 57 kilo (125.66)
    Height: 5.3"
    Exercise goal: 2-3 times a week swimming, 2 times a week stretches/toning, 2 times a week weight training and cardio

13/09/2011 weight: 59 kilo (130.07)

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

I will be able to do this challenge till the 28th of the month, then I will have to take a break for the Jewish New Year as part of our requirements is to have honey and sweetened food to symbolize a sweet year. I will be using raw honey and not purified gunk.
    Grok would say tribal celebrations come first (unless they will make you sick).
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

I like Grok

Now I like Grok! I think that part of living healthy is not feeling guilty. The 80% 20% rule is a good one to go by. Also one should be aware that during the holidays celebrations should not be an all out vikings feast but you can forget about a diet...
    Last edited by loligoss; 09-12-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: forgot to add that I like groks thinking

Recipes as promised

Broccoli bake

1-2 tbs chia seeds
    2-3 cups broccoli cooked (steamed al dante)
    3 eggs
    1 tbs olive oil
    coconut oil to grease the pan
    1/4 cup goats cheese (hard yellow grated cheese) - the smellier the better

Mash the cooked cauliflower, add the cheese, eggs and chia seeds
    Add any flavoring you choose (I use salt, pepper, garlic and italian herbs)

Bake in oven at 375 for about 40 minutes.

Tomato sauce:
    use tomatoes that are on their way out but are not bad
    I peel the tomatoes by placing the tomatoes in hot water after cutting an x into the top and bottom
    Chop the tomatoes and place them in a pot
    Add water to cover (almost)
    add 1 small tomato puree (no additives + sugar in it)
    add 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
    salt, pepper Tabasco and chili to taste
    simmer for a long time
    In the meantime saute green onions and leeks in coconut oil/olive oil
    Add the sauteed onions and leeks to the tomato sauce
    Once the tomatoes have simmered for 30 minutes (for 10 tomatoes)
    Switch the gas/hob/cooker off and leave covered for several minutes
    Mine is now going in the fridge because I haven't decided how to use it yet. I might make eggs with the sauce for breakfast

Steep learning curve

Cant have so much food. Tried to have two meals with meat yesterday and I feel sick today and I gained weight..not worried about the latter.

Made a great dessert though:

Frozen berries (5 blackberries) mixed with coconut cream, desiccated coconut, cocoa nibs and cinnamon. Left out the nuts as I'm weaning myself off them at least for the next couple of weeks.

Today:
    Coffee and cream and then again Double espresso and cream
    Shakshuka (see recipe http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37813.html)
    Salad: Mr Peanut butter bread crumbs (about 1 slice), 6 blackberries, lettuce, 2 cucumbers and 5% cottage cheese

I'm stuffed haven't decided what I will have for supper yet.

My veg arrived and it includes tiny spaghetti squash. It was so neat I mw it and scraped into a bowl with my tomato sauce, a can of tuna and warmed it up for about a minute in the MW.
    Ate it with labane (soured cheese not cream)
    Had tea with coconut milk to finish the meal off yum

My delivery also included raw honey with a honey comb in the jar. I have not seen honey combs since I was a kid.

Got to get some sleep in at least 4 hours till it's time to get up

15th of Sep

Breakfast: If you don't take into account tasting the roasted onions I made this morning (tasted a few slices, yum yum) ...consisted of organic avocado (3 times the price of regular), mashed up and mixed with olive oil on two slices of peppers (pepper boats).
    Shakshuka see recipe in recipe thread or above

Mid morning: 10 minutes of Sun whilst having coffee and cream in our office cafeteria

Lunch: It's now 14:16 and I don't feel like eating yet will probably skip it today

Supper: Will see what to make

Stress: lots of it...mainly my kid who just moved to junior high is using his primal fight instinct and is in trouble for the second time since starting school...aggghhhhhhh

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I see where my problems lie...the evening meal.

After being summoned to my kids school. On route buying from the organic store buying some nuts (tasted 5 brazil nuts in the store) etc...I went to my toning class and then came home to eat.

Made a salad with peppers, lettuce, roasted onion, anchovies, tuna and spaghetti squash with tomato sauce left over from yesterday. If I would have stopped there I would have been ok.

I had a bowl of coconut cream, Mr peanut butter bread with fruit preserve, 5 blackberries, and a coffee with cream.

I really need to stop eating so much in the evening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast