Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (OrangeGirl) page

OrangeGirl is offline Junior Member

Boy, did I pick the perfect time of year to start this journal ... the very beginning! December 29th was my last full day of vegetarianism, and then I re-embarked on that meaty path ... and I'm loving every minute of it! What a wake up call!

January 2, 2010

Breakfast:

3 eggs, fried

3 pieces of turkey bacon

1/2 cup strawberries & blueberries

Lunch/Snack:

About 20 mixed nuts, excluding peanuts

Medium Golden Delicious apple

Ocean Spray Cranberry Grape Juice (Diet ... no sugar, but still not the best choice. I'm trying to get away from it!)

Dinner:

Romaine salad w/balsamic dressing

Peppers, onions sauteed in olive oil

Chicken breast cooked in olive oil

"Dessert":

Orange

Couple more mixed nuts

Big handful of blueberries

So, I ate a little more than I did yesterday, but I tallied up my counts on fitday (love that site!) and it came out to under 1400 calories, and about a 50/25/25 ratio with fat, protein, and carbs.

I've felt like randomly exercising today, which was never a case when I was eating almost exclusively grains and legumes, and buttloads of sugar. I felt a little weird going from pretty much vegan (I started eating eggs this past June, before I didn't for two years) to going primal ... but I feel like I should've checked this out a long time ago. Better late than never, right?

Honestly, I was sooo paranoid about eating fats; I'm talking I would take a napkin if I was eating at a restaurant and "soak up" any excess oils on my foods ... I am eating more fat in one day now than I would probably eat in a week, if not two weeks. I was obsessive about counting my calories and fats, but was it helping my insane blood sugar problems? Not until I cut out oatmeal and bananas did I realize that sugar was my big problem. Since I cut out all the bad stuff the other day, I've had no lapses in energy and no intense jitters and hunger.

I went meat shopping tonight and bought my favorite cut of steak that my grandmother used to cook just for me. I'll have to call her tomorrow and ask her how she prepared it; hopefully nothing bad!

My primal goals:

1. To work out like Grok as much as I can - with a varied work schedule, it'll be weird, but I know I can do it. Very inspired by the videos of people sprinting around; I can do that at a local park.

2. To become less obsessive about my calorie and fat intake. I was borderline eating disorder with the level of obsession I was at in my veganism.

3. To get my BUTT out of the computer chair and do some activities that make me grow as a person!

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

Welcome OrangeGirl! I too struggled with counting calories. Dismissing it has made eating fun.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the Tribe, OrangeGirl!!

Thank you very much, erstad & kuno1chi! I don't think I've ever been so positive about a lifestyle change ... and what a great support group!

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

<blush>

erstad17 is offline Junior Member

High five!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

YAY for less obsession. I&#39;m loving that feeling of freedom so much. And good goals.

But may I ask... WHY turkey bacon? Why not real bacon? Turkey bacon is weird stuff and has a super-high ratio of omega 6 : omega 3 fats. Not good.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Actually, I caught that about the turkey bacon today here on the forum. I went out and bought the real thing this evening, along with some other more primal meats. Thank you for asking, I&#39;m glad everyone on here is so knowledgeable about the difference between meats!

You are right about obsession ... it&#39;s such a stressor off my back. Really, food was all I thought about. I&#39;m still working on it but it&#39;s way easier and I&#39;m not nearly as hungry as I used to be.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

YAY for real bacon. You will be so happy...turkey bacon is kinda gross. hehe.

When I first started eating this way I was obsessed with not being obsessed...if that makes sense. But that passes too and you&#39;ll feel such a sense of peace.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I found the turkey bacon to be really good, but after not eating meat for almost 3 years ... ya know! It was all good at that point!

I totally understand what you&#39;re saying about obsession. I already feel more "one with the world" by participating in the circle of life and look forward to even more positive mental changes.

I don&#39;t know what time it is where you are ... but I better get to bed so I can whip up another delicious primal breakfast in the morning! Goodnight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast