Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more half assing it! page

LVFitMama is offline Junior Member

No more half assing it!

Primal Fuel
    Thank you Mark! This challenge is just what I needed to stop the madness. I have been half assing Primal living for a few months now and now is the time to perfect it.

I am a Wife and Mama of three. Loving life except for one thing. I have the dreaded last 10-12 lb of pregnancy weight to drop. My youngest will be a year on Wednesday and it is time. I've been on a roller coaster being as close at 5 lb from my goal and gaining it all plus some back. I have always been fit and it actually has never been this difficult to lose the weight. Now is the time. I will lose this weight and gain control of my health and fitness. I have always been passionate about food and fitness. Some may even say obsessive.

Some of my goals for this 30 day challenge are:

1. No night time TV. Messes with my sleep and triggers eating. Go to sleep as soon as kids are in bed.

2. No night time eating. After dinner we are done.

3. Stop the chronic cardio. Tough one for me. Love the high.

4. Gonna keep 30 day challenge chocolate free.

5. Get to my goal weight of 129. Starting weight today is 142.2

Looking forward to hearing any and all suggestions and insights on how to meet my goals.

Aloha,
    Courtney

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Aloha Courtney! I hope the challenge goes great for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Bamaphotopro is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck to you, Courtney!! I could practically hear your determination as I read your post. Please let us know how you do ... we all need to encourage one another!
    Bamaphotopro - Wedding & Portrait Photographer, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Age 56 - Quad Bypass Survivor, Sept. 16, 2005
    Went Primal - 8/22/2011 - 218 lbs.
    9/13/2011 - 206 lbs. (Wife Noticed!)
    Next Goal - 200 lbs. - Leaner & Stronger

http://www.momentsnoticed.com

Facebook Personal Profile (Friend Me!):
    http://www.facebook.com/Bamaphotopro

Facebook Pro Page (Be a Fan!):
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Moment...C/111048610165

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Courtney! Your goals are great ones, especially 1 and 2. If you can achieve those without slipping, you will be at your goal weight very quickly.

The little ones have the best primal instincts, and we can learn a lot from their behavior. My son is nearly two, and I have learned from hard experience that I absolutely must go to bed right after he falls asleep. Staying up just gives me the irresistible urge to stuff my face, and then I lie in bed for hours unable to fall asleep.

DAY 1 of 30 Day Challenge

Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge

The day went fairly well. Learning to trust the process. Part of trusting the process is embracing sleep, fat, and staying away from trackers and food/weight scales. Did all of that yesterday.

B - hot water & lemon juice, coffee, 1 egg/3 white w/ mushroom & spinach, 2 tsp coconut oil

WOD - leg day & 60 min treadmill brisk walk

L - green beans, homemade meat sauce, & Everyday Paleo Scrumptious Chicken

S - scant handful of macadamias

D - Nom Nom Paleo Lamb Stew & broiled zucchini

Was tired toward the end of the day and had some coffee. Need to learn to feed my lack of energy with sleep and some fat.
    Last edited by LVFitMama; 09-14-2011 at 06:29 AM.

A Pink Lady is offline Junior Member
    I get the high from chronic cardio! I'm addicted to spending hours on the elliptical. I can find zen. I don't get it with yoga.

Wishing you lots of success with your challenge!

Day 2 of 30 Day Challenge

Day 2 of 30 Day Challenge

My day went well. Before breakfast got 45 min in on the esliptical. I know, I know chronic cardio. I'm slowly working my way out of it. In fact today I'm going to weight train first and slow cardio after. How about that! I'll show you cardio! Anyway, this is how yesterday looked.

WOD - 45 elliptical

B - 5 slices beef bacon (embracing the fat) and 100 cal pack Wholly Guacamole

L - Leftover Slow Curried Lamb Shank from dinner the night before & broiled zucchini

S - Big handful of macadamia, unsweetened coconut flakes, & 2 smoked chicken drumstick (I was really hungry, probably due to the chronic cardio. Damn it!)

D - Slow cooker chicken and veg, green beans with a little butter

My snack time the day is pretty stressful. Daughter home from school, working on homework, getting ready for evening activities and dinner. Not to mention prep for my youngest's 1st birthday today. Did a lot of baking for her birthday and didn't even have a taste. So proud of that.

Day 3 of 30 Day Challenge

Day 3 of 30 Day Challenge

Today went really well. I did a full body grok style work out at my gym. Working on my functional fitness. Pull ups, dips, chin ups, squats, box jumps, planks, etc. It felt good and I did it before my cardio. Usually I do cardio first just because of the cardio junkie in my. Weight training was always secondary. The workout was tough and felt great. It was also my daughter's 1st birthday. I spent much of the day baking Primalish cookies and cupcakes. Everyone indulged at her birthday dinner but me. But it wasn't tough. I was okay because dinner was so good. I was satisfied. I think I used to search out sweets because I was not satisfied with my meals. I was always looking for something to make me feel full or complete. I would eat a low fat, low cal meal and feel starved. No more of that. As you will see in my meals for yesterday I again embraced the fat. I hope I'm not overdoing it. What do you think?

B - 2 soft boiled eggs and 2 handfuls of spinach, steamed

WOD - Full body grok style workout and 60 min multi speed/level brisk walk on treadmill

L - Leftover Slow Curried Lamb Shank. slow cooker chicken, and steamed broccoli

S - Scant handful of macadamias

D - Nom Nom Paleo Damn Fine Chicken Drumsticks & sauteed onions, mushrooms, & spinach in bacon grease w/ bacon bits.
    Last edited by LVFitMama; 09-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Day 4 of 30 Day Challenge

Day 4 of 30 Day Challenge

Today is not going well. I am tired. Baby woke up last night due to teething and kept me up. I'm running on nothing. I didn't even workout today which is huge for me. I usually force myself to do some workout despite being tired. Okay, so I want to sleep, but I have 3 kids to take care of. Can't exactly leave them unsupervised. While one was napping I tried to get the other down. It took an hour and a half. She slept for 20 minutes. What happens when I'm exhausted. I eat and eat and eat and eat. My self control is gone when I'm tired. When I'm not tired I'm productive, thinking clearing and constantly moving. Tired, I wanna sit, I wanna sleep, and I wanna eat. So my original plan was to fast until lunch, but by 8:30 am I was hungry and struggling. So I had;

B - 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, salsa, and I made my kids some almond flour bread (no sugar added) which I ate. I didn't count, but I think I had 3 slices.

By 10:30 am I was hungry.

S - I had another 2 slices of "bread" with some almond butter and coconut oil

Decided I was still hungry and instead of grazing to just have my lunch

L - Spinach salad w/ balsamic vinnaigrette, leftover slow cooker chicken, and more bread.

Then it got really interesting. Don't know what to call this "meal"

? - Lots 'o macadamias, more "bread" x2, almond butter, 2 bison dogs, 1 slice havarti, 1 slice lite cheddar

The plan for dinner. Nothing. Lots of water and tea.

Any suggestions and help in this area would be good. I'm really feeling out of control. A lot of times when I feel like I have "fallen off the wagon" I just quit. I won't quit! I want this! I want to figure it out.

Things I am proud of:

Haven't been snacking at night.
    Going to be before 10:30 pm.
    No night time tv.
    Last edited by LVFitMama; 09-15-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    LVFitMama, don't despair! I know what it's like to be up all night with the baby, feel like an insatiable zombie the next day, and go crazy with the nuts. Not every day can be perfect; on days like this you've just got to contain the damage. You've already done well just by keeping your food choices primal. I think the best thing you can do now is get to bed as early as possible, with your husband's assistance if he's able. Tomorrow is another day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast