Thread: Primal Journal KatieFree page

KatieFree is offline Junior Member

Smile Primal Journal KatieFree

Primal Fuel
    Okay, I'm doing a journal. Some place to check into each day. Maybe it will keep me from cheating - or turn me into a liar when I cheat. Hmmm. We'll see.
    Today's food:
    2 eggs cooked in butter/ 2 cups of black coffee
    left-over chicken/green bean dish from last night
    1 can of tuna with mayo/1 cup of black coffee

Wow. I drink a lot of coffee.

Dinner will be ground beef with salsa, guacamole and creme fraiche, or a taco without the tortilla.

I don't drink milk or eat yogurt anymore. I used to eat a big bowl of yogurt with a banana and protein powder every morning. I gave that up at the beginning of summer for eggs, or IF. I didn't really realize how many carbs I was downing with that breakfast! I think it only causes me to crave sweets throughout the day. I think I slimmed down a bit since giving up the yogurt/banana, also because I've done a lot of IFs this summer. Soon I begin teaching yoga three times per week again, and my beloved early morning spinning class kicks back into gear twice a week. I've been walking, jogging, sprinting and doing push-ups, pull-ups and lunges all summer. Time for a change.
    My current weight is 128.5 lbs, which translates to about 135 lbs on the doctor's scale - SHOCK!! Ten years ago I weight 125 on the doctor's scale, which I found insulting considering I was always between 118 - 122 at home. I know I have more muscle than I did back then, but 10 lbs. more??? I doubt it! Trying to bring myself down to 125 on my own scale, the doctor's scale be damned!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Katie!

It isn't just muscle that you gain. It is all of your lean body mass.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

KatieFree is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 2: 3 eggs and sausage, black coffee. A little bit of walking on treadmill -there is something wrong with my left hip, so just 20 miutes, plus some pull-ups, push-ups.
    Worked all day from home, ate a small amount of left=over ground meat for lunch, with guacamole and creme fraiche. 16 oz of water.
    Dinner: several chicken wings and salad.
    Not hungry, but head-achey and low energy today.