Thread: Anaroriel's Primal Journal page

Anaroriel is offline Junior Member

Anaroriel's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    Ok, this is it. I am officially starting this.

I have to face the facts. After dabbling with the Primal Blueprint off and on for the past three months, I've come several conclusions:

1) Eating Primally makes me feel great. The horrible stomach aches and bloating, my lack of energy, the depression I have been fighting for the past few years - all of the either lessens significantly or disappears altogether once I start eating right.

2) I am a sugar addict. I know eating sugar, whether the amount is copious of minimal, makes me feel terrible. But I can't seem to stop. I am utterly addicted like a cat to catnip.

3. I am a sucker when it comes to peer pressure. If my friends or boyfriend want to go out for ice cream or pie, I go too, however ridden with guilt I may be.

So what does this mean? Obviously that I need help, external motivation, and a deadline to keep me from giving up after a few days when a soda or brownie seems like not that bad of an idea. With this knowledge of my own weaknesses, I am committing to the 30 day challenge. Wish me luck, peoples of the internet!

Ana

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Here's luck Ana! You can do it!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Thanks Hedonist!

Day Two: Soup-scapades

So I am officially living off soup. I should probably explain that my daily routine isn't the normal 9-5 deal, in fact, my schedule varies from day-to-day. Tuesdays and Thursdays I have school from 11am to 3:30pm nonstop with no breaks for food, and the rest of the days are up in the air, who knows when my bosses at OfficeMan will decide I need to be cashiering. It makes it hard to plan meals and workouts and actually have a steady routine to follow. Yesterday after working from 2 to 9:30pm I was dizzy and cranky with hunger - for the stir fry dish thing and the snacks I brought with apparently was not enough to get me through the shift - and exhausted from a long day of dealing with rude people and standing, the only quick Primal thing I could think of to eat was soup. So soup it has been. For the past three meals.

But soup is cool, right? The only non-primal thing in there was the potatoes, and even those are okay in moderation, yes? And let's be honest: I'm a college student. I cannot afford grass-fed beef, or specialty products here. I have my stir frys, salads and my soups... for the next 28 1/2 days.

Julberg is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations to you for not grabbing the nearest brownie when you were tired and hungry. Success! I'm a sugar addict too. I just don't stop once I begin. We can do this!

Thanks Julberg! *fists pumps*

Oh, here's an actual breakdown of the past two days:

Day 1:

B: Stirfry
    L: Stir fry, apples with peanut butter
    D: Green beans with almonds, onions (roommate left it for me in the fridge!) soup. Naked Juice.

Day 2

B: Soup! and scrambled eggs. Naked juice
    S: Pear, handful of nuts
    L: SOUP! Naked juice

Exercise: Walking around campus. Total mins: Approx 40 mins

Okay, on Day 5. So far doing good.

Today's:

B: Sausage, omelet
    L: Two pears, Beef soup

It's ever so hard when I am offered free food. Today my boss bought us candy... I haven't taken any yet. The other night a friend's mother bought me dinner at a Vietnamese place, and it was hard to find anything on the menu. I finally opted for Beef Pho, and ended up just not eating the noodles. Like, I said, so far I've done really well, and I've only barely cut corners (potatoes in the soups, I bought a wrap one day) but overall, I'm proud of myself. Five days.