Thread: Waterlady's challenge page

waterlady is offline Junior Member

Waterlady's challenge

Shop Now
    Mark's list of foods to eat: meat, fish, fowl, eggs, veggies, nuts, seeds, fats
    foods to avoid: grains, beans, legumes, sugar, unhealthy fats
    moderation: fruit, diary, alcohol, dark chocolate
    exercise: strength training 2 times weekly, moving 3 to 5 hours a week, sprint once a week
    Sleep 8 hours... usually not a problem
    Sun: 15 minutes outside daily.... not a problem!

My challenge should be to do the strength training and some kind of sprinting. Maybe going up the escarpment once a week would be a good all-out for me. 700 foot climb over 5 km, or some quick rowing on the erg.

September 12: corn bread for breakfast ... I was traveling and that was all the gluten-free I could find in Walkerton, eggs with bacon and onion and tomato for lunch, snack: cheese (probably too much) and white wine.
    Not enough sleep... got up at 4:40 for sampling in Ripley. Last day care this year. Should get a lot more sleep tonight.
    Exercise: sanding the family room should count for moderate exercise... That was only an hour.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sprints are usually sets of short bursts. Rowing would be good. Warm up. Row like a shark is chasing you for 30 seconds. Row slowly for 90 seconds. Repeat for 8 sets. You should be out of breath, unable to talk or close your mouth at the end of each 30.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.