Thread: Mik's challenge journal page

MikkiB is offline Senior Member

Mik's challenge journal

Primal Fuel
    I've been primal (more and more so!) for about 18 months now, since I (finally) figured out that I am gluten intolerant. Last year I lost 40 pounds, my PMDD, my arthritis, my anxiety ... you get the picture

I'm an insanely busy mother of 4, full time statistician, and part time student in my last year of writing my dissertation (blend of molecular biology and statistics), so over time I stopped posting here or reading the forum very often, but along with that I started skipping workouts. Really in 2011 I've only been following 1 of the 10 principles ... my eating is pretty primal (although I drink diet soda with whisky at night and too much of both), but that's it. I've nearly maintained my weight, but I need to get back to exercising to feel better and get the weight loss re-started!

My stats: female, 45, 5'6", 175 lbs. I'll take my measurements tonight, but I'm a size 10/12 pants and 14/16 tops.

My specific goals for the 30-day challenge are to follow Marks' exercise plan, and log my food and exercise here each day. I'm not going to make outcome goals, only behavior goals, because my behavior is the only part I'm really in control of

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    DAY 1 - Monday 9/12

Sleep: not enough. I went to bed around 11 I think? But was up from 4-5am

Food:
    7:00 - 1.5 cups coffee with Truvia and dash of unsweetened Almond milk (from now on I'll just say "coffee" )
    few bites scrambled eggs, no dairy, cooked in uncured bacon fat
    10:00 - home-made chicken-celery stir fry
    4:30 - gluten-free chocolate chip cookie
    dinner will be pulled pork with some sweet baby rays' bbq sauce (has sugar but we don't add much), and a whisky or two with diet ginger ale

Exercise - did the self-assessment - 15 knee pushups, 40 bench squats, 7 pike thingies, 30/15/15 forearm/foot planks
    Fun- none yet
    Sun - nope. was only outside for 5 minutes waiting for my ride, and now the sun isn't very bright. took a Vitamin D.
    Last edited by MikkiB; 09-12-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added food and exercise

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I hope it goes well. If you could hold it to one drink/day, it would be great.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiB View Post
    I'm not going to make outcome goals, only behavior goals, because my behavior is the only part I'm really in control of
    Love this Mikki! I'm doing the challenge, too - will follow your lead about the goals.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus