Thread: Primal Journal - T's Road Back to Health

Threaded View

Primal Journal - T's Road Back to Health

After losing 110 lbs and training for several years to compete in figure competitions (undereating and overworking) I'm left battling hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue. My Dr. recommended I eat and rest. That recommendation led to 60 lbs rebound weight! Now I realize I just needed some adjustments - coming to a screeching halt just made things worse.

For now, it's time to get real. I've mostly been on and off with getting primal in the last couple of months. But as I see it my health could really use some consistency.

My struggles are eating out, being too exhausted to want to get in the gym, and undereating.

So here goes Day 1 of this 30 day challenge... which should repeat every 30 days for the rest of my life. As a bonus, every 15 lbs I get rewarded with a girlz night out!

Meal #1 - 3 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 3 strips bacon (no hormones, steroids, nitrites, or nitrates) cooked in coconut oil. I had cooked a large zucchini but threw it out because it tasted like pure pesticide! (not organic)

Meal #2 - 1 apple, 1 cucumber, whey protein, coconut oil (vitamix)

Meal #3 - grass-fed beef, spaghetti squash, tomato sauce (spaghetti!)

Meal #4 - homemade grain-free muffins
    Last edited by MizzIronT; 09-14-2011 at 05:55 AM.