Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leea's "Heck yeah...I'm doing it!" journal page

Leea is offline Junior Member

Leea's "Heck yeah...I'm doing it!" journal

Primal Fuel
    Today is the start of a new adventure of getting healthy and fit that's not filled with hours of workouts and eating fifty times a day. I was highly embarrassed by inability to do one pushup this weekend (after being able to do quite a few six months ago). I'm also sick of my obsession with food period! So....here I am and I'm sticking to it! I've done thirty minutes of yoga today and tomorrow I will start lifting Heavy Things again.

Let's support each other on this journey!!

charitydas is offline Junior Member
    Good for you!

Laura E I is offline Junior Member
    I hear you! I'll be supporting you all the way from Finland! WE CAN DO IT!!

Woohoo! Love Finland. Mine and my daughter's name sake!

Today was a decent day. Got myself back in the "gym" and kept track of that and what I ate.
    Workout: Assessment:
    Pushup: 0 Already admitted that Pullup: 0 Never have been able to do one w/out assistance Squat: 25 full squats Dive Bomber: 0
    Plank: 30 sec
    Regular workout:
    Pushup on wall -40 (Cycle 1 and 2)
    Pullup (2 legs) - 20 (Cycle 1 and 2)
    Squat (full) : 25 (Cycle 1 and 2)
    Elevated Jack Knife: 20 (Both cycles)
    Plank (forearm/knee & side knee): 90 sec and only one side. That side business can be a bit painful.

Brkfst: Tomatoes stuffed w/grnd bison & eggs (recipe on pg. 168 in Primal Blueprint Cookbook) Bison is pretty expensive so is was grass fed beef; 1 banana; sliver of raw cheddar cheese.
    Snack (1 1/2 hr after workout): Fage 2% (can't get whole milk w/out spending way out of budget) w/ honey and 1T sesame seeds.
    Lunch Chicken & Fennel Stew (P. 83 PBC) (These were not pasture raised. They were as "natural" as I could get). I had two thighs; 35 frozen black berries
    Snack 4 Deglet Noor Dates (no pits or sulfur) Very ADDICTIVE!!
    Supper 1 chuck roast fillet (not grassfed $$$$) (no fat used); 1 1/2 c or so of frozen asparagus mix with drizzle of evoo and celtic salt. 3T of Field Day organic Tom. Basil pasta sauce on meat.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Your food sounds delicious.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist View Post
    Welcome. Your food sounds delicious.
    Agreed. I need to start getting creative...I want stuffed tomatoes
    Also have never been able to do a pull up. They're hard, and I've always just associated them as a guy movement. Time to get cracking! Here's your support from Guatemala!

nowakow2 is offline Junior Member
    Good luck on your journey!

Dates are dangerous. I can easily eat a dozen. But they have so much sugar in them that after that I am high until I crash. Workout sounds good. I'm gonna follow your journey every day during the 30 days so keep it up!

I was just watching a moment ago a strong woman competition and a bunch of them were doing the cross fit pull ups. I wish someone would explain to me how those are productive. How do they focus just on the "pullup muscles?" One day I WILL do one.
    There's some good recipes in the book and I looked through the other online one you get when you sign up. Gonna have to try them. In the next week or so I'll be trying my first bone marrow recipe. Mmmmmm.....
    Talking about food...I fasted today. It's hard between lunch and supper then it get easier. I've only done about two full day fasts.
    Activity:
    Well, I did about 11 min of P90X yoga. My legs hurt from yesterday. So I went on to do the P90X stretch. I did all of it except for a couple of exercises. Feeling the pain now. :-D Cleaned house as well. Hope that counts!
    Laura--I'll be following you as well! Thanks for the other encouragements!

Ooooohh.. fast. I'm not ready for that yet. One day. Cleaning the house counts of course. Hope you had a great day today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast