Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Laura page

Laura E I is offline Junior Member

Primal Laura

Shop Now
    Ok, I am in!! I've been paleoing for a looooong time but always find a way to cheat and never get the max results because of it. My downfalls are:

• dark chocolate (always want it and always eat too much)
    • nuts (I cannot just have few)
    • stevia (I think I just want to eat sweet things even when not hungry)
    • alcohol (I could do without and benefit from it)
    • dairy (I get spots)

So those are out. I'm going to do clean paleo for 30 days. Meat, fish, veg, eggs, berries, fat. No ifs. I CAN DO IT!!

Apart from the food bit I am very primal. Except that I could and should lift heavier.
    Last edited by Laura E I; 09-13-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the tribe!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

CMHFFEMT is offline Member
    Good Luck! I just finished up my 30 days clean. To be honest I did keep some dairy(butter and Yogurt) but it was still an eye opening experience.

Leea is offline Junior Member
    You go, Laura! You can beat the challenges you're facing. I love dried fruit myself and I can eat and eat. lol I'll be cheering you on from Arkansas!

Thanks guys, you are all so sweet! <3

First day but a bit of background information first. I've been trying and trying to do the paleo thing - I know it's the only way for me - but I've never fully managed to crack it because I've always twisted a bit of this and a bit of that. I also have a background in total over-training and have been cutting down a LOT lately. I used to feel quilty if I didn't train six days a week and even went on training camps where I trained five hours a day until I completely burnt out. Enough said.

I suffer from PCOS (self-diagnosed) and I know the only way is paleo low-carb. But.. OK, no buts. This is it.

So..

SLEEP: 10 hours. Since I am self-employed and single, I decided to just go for it to celebrate the PBC.

BREAKFAST: Shredded carrot + two eggs + coconut oil + some berries + coconut cream + coconut flakes + cinnamon = TASTY OMELET TOPPED WITH BERRIES AND COCONUT

LUNCH: Salmon + avocado + lamb's lettuce + nori sheets + home-made sesame dressing + two scrambled eggs = TASTY WRAPS AND EGGS

DINNER: ghee + mixed veg + spices + shredded coconut + 200g organic beef = SPICY BURGER AND VEG

ALSO: two black coffees (with breakfast and lunch) and supergreens powder with water + supplements

FEEL: Great!!

EXCERCISE: 1h of dirty biking in the rain and 100 kettlebell swings

MEDITATE: yes

Oh.. and I ALMOST bought a bottle of red wine because I ALMOST forgot. And I asked dome friends to get together on Thursday to eat some food and drink some wine because I DID forget. Crap. So now I may have to make some excuses for not drinking and make a big patch of primal food.
    Last edited by Laura E I; 09-13-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Good job today! That breakfast sounds odd but, hey, I'm willing to try it. What is lamb's lettuce? I love where I live but I sure would like to be able to find a bunch of other foods. Dirty biking and kettle bell...sounds awesome!

Hey Leea. Yeah, breakfast sounds odd but I eat some weird stuff, you'll see. Basically I just grate a carrot, mix it with eggs and fry the stuff in coconut oil. You should try, it gets really fluffy and nice with the carrot. Sometimes I top it with quacamole and sometimes with berries and coconut. I love it.

Lamb's lettuce (that's what they call it in England anyway) is a small soft lovely green salad thing. It's the best.

Anyway. Today:

SLEEP: 8 hours and a short nap in the afternoon

BREAKFAST: Shredded carrot + three eggs + coconut oil + some berries + coconut cream + coconut flakes + cinnamon = TASTY OMELET TOPPED WITH BERRIES AND COCONUT

SNACK: A home-made organic 100% beef burger (was hungry)

LUNCH: Salmon + lettuce + home-made sesame dressing AND hemp seeds + 1/2 avocado + maca + raw cacao powder + 1ts coconut oil + cinnamon = SALMON SALAD AND LOW-CARB POWER SMOOTHIE (no sweetener, hurrah)

DINNER: broccoli + olive oil + basil + garlic + 400g organic beef = MASHED BROCCOLI AND MEAT (and yes, I ate all that meat. I was going to eat just half of it but I wasn't satisfied so I ate it all. I think one of my things is eating too little at supper and then snacking all evening.)

ALSO: two black coffees (with breakfast and lunch) and supergreens powder with water + supplements

FEEL: Tired. I've had no energy this afternoon / evening and I know it's me getting used to being low-carb. It's really weird, like when you eat no carbs, there's no emotion. Food is just fuel. And I wanted SO BADLY to have something sweet after lunch like I ALWAYS do. It's almost like I have a naughty kid living inside me "gimme some candy, give it to me". But I am having none of it. It will get easier, I know.

Also, I've decided to allow myself to snack if I'm hungry - I was originally gonna just have three meals a day - but I can only snack zero carb things like meat / fish / eggs. Because those are the things I only eat if I'm trully hungry and I am SO good at cheating myself into pretending to be hungry so I can eat something sweet / tasty like chocolate / nuts / whatever.

EXCERCISE: About 1 1/2 walking around town

MEDITATE: yes

OTHER: I didn't do any work. I'll do some tomorrow. Perks of being freelance.

I saw a recipe on the e-cookbook from here that used Lamb's lettuce. Looked cooked. There were also some cucumber chips that looked very tasty for a snack.
    So all of the stopped was cooked at the same time with berries and coconut added? I will definitely try that. One thing I tried for breakfast that I got off a blog (Family Grokumentary) was this:Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary: breakfast. It is sooooo good!

I had a super exciting day, very very inspiring. Wrote and article about paleo!! Happy and energetic!

Leea, no, just the carrot and eggs are cooked and the toppings are raw. You just make an omelette but with added carrot. When it's done you add the rest on top. Pastromelette looks good but I'm not doing cheese just now. After the challenge.

Anyway, today. I feel ike I've been eating all the time but it's my snacking habit. It's alright as long as I am paleo and follow the zero carb rule.

SLEEP: About 8 hours

BREAKFAST: Shredded carrot + three eggs + hemp protein + coconut oil + some berries + coconut cream + coconut flakes + cinnamon = TASTY OMELET TOPPED WITH BERRIES AND COCONUT

SNACK: Big slice of pork neck

LUNCH: Lettuce + home-made guacamole + sesame dressing + pork neck = SALAD AND MEAT

SNACK: Large piece of salmon and couple of olives

DINNER: Shredded carrot + two or three eggs + chia seeds + coconut oil + coconut cream + coconut flakes + cinnamon AND some pork neck AND two brazil nuts = CARROT OMELET THINGY AND MEAT

ALSO HAD: Black coffee and loads of water mixed with green superfoods powder and spirulina and some herbal tea.

EXCERCISE: About 1 1/2 h walking

MEDITATE: not YET

Sounds like a good day even w/snacking. I have to have a couple pieces of fruit. Not many veggies I like raw. lol I am getting Bubbies pickles tomorrow. Should be able to eat them. Hope you got your meditation in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast