My cousin started a comic book when he was in middle school - The Adventures of Chunky Corn Man. I figured I could steal the title as he is in college and long past it. And hey, I grew up in Iowa, in the middle of corn fields, and I'm now chunky. I can tie it all together, logic be damned!

Not much of a story here. I stayed trim until my late 30's. I exercised and played sports because I wanted to, ate all the crap in the world and would have told you I needed to lose 10-15 pounds. Now I'm in my late 40's and it's something like 30-40 pounds. Not my finest moment.

I've flirted with Primal for about a year now. And I can't flirt for shit so I'm only down 10 pounds. It might also explain why I'm still single after divorcing 13 years ago.

Anyway, I need to be accountable and this journal is a great place to start. I haven't passed on my weird food habits to my teenage daughters but really, if they see me not taking care of myself over and over again, have I really taught them how important they are...to themselves??

The good news is that my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. are all great. So "all" I'm doing here is keeping it that way. Lucky me, the hole I've dug isn't near as deep as it could be.