Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of Chunky Corn (Wo)Man page 2

Debdoub is offline Member
    Shop Now
    My weekend was not quite the thriller I'd hoped it would be. Rained so I couldn't mow, what a disappointment. NOT.

I ate too much crap, though, in the name of the exchange student's birthday and my inability to drive the wagon - I was only riding on it. Which beats the heck out of being dragged behind it, and I've done that plenty and have the weight to prove it.

I brought workout clothes so I could lift and then realized I had a meeting this morning that messed that up. The workout was on my calendar for tomorrow. Tonight is rowing and biking, my faves.

I'll eat clean today, if nothing else because I feel awful when I don't. That and the scale barely moved this week and I have to state out loud (okay, okay, in writing) that a couple of slip-ups do not a successful week make. Or do they, since it was a couple of slip-ups a day in weeks past? Whatever, I'm looking forward, reins in hand, goals at the front of my mind.

Oh, time to be more accountable, after a week of winging it. <sigh> Sucks to be me but I've proven that the winging it shit really doesn't work for me.

B: part of a jalepeno sausage
    L: chicken with sour cream sauce and peas
    D: spaghetti sauce with meat, over spaghetti squash; NO LEFTOVER KEY LIME PIE AND I MEAN IT!

15 minutes rowing (still building up those attractive calluses), 30-45 minutes stationary biking because I like to read while I pedal

Big question is do I get a latte? It would be my one for the week but that free punch card is calling my name. Even if it doesn't expire.

Wow, I actually stuck to my eating plan yesterday, just as I laid it out. There might be hope for me, yet! I did end up pedaling for 60 minutes instead of rowing. I'm having trouble with my right hand (carpal tunnel, arthritis, whatever) and the thought of using it for an extended time just didn't do it for me.

I skipped the latte yesterday but I'm pretty sure I'll have it today. I had a late night along with an early morning and I may just need that warm coffee with milk to keep me from crawling back into bed. Especially necessary since I am working at the office today, not from home.

B: hash browns, sausage, eggs, all fried in olive oil
    L: chicken with sour cream sauce and peas
    D: tomato bisque soup with a salad (that means iceberg lettuce because the rest is too bitter for my widdle taste buds)

I am lifting weights this morning and hoping to get to bed early tonight. I doubt that I will but a girl can dream...and I dream of sleep.

Oh you total sad sack, here you are again, having learned nothing. Well, with that out of the way, let's get to it!

Exchange student is long gone, back to Holland. And she left a nasty craving for stroopwafels behind. Okay, I'm Dutch, I should have expected some good food to come out of that country and now I'm dealing with it. I haven't had any since the end of the year and will have them for my birthday in two weeks.

Bad news is I've made up for that by eating everything else. I really have issues with sticking with healthy eating and/or exercise for more than an hour, day, week, whatever. I can't throw month in there, though, because I don't get that far down the line. Oh the shame.

Goal now is to eat clean until the end of the month. Yes, just 10 days but those stroopwafels are calling my name. And I intend to answer.

I'll dust myself off on April 3rd and get back to it. I really don't like how I feel, how I look in clothes and let's not even talk about that look-good-naked thing. It's a long row and I'm hoeing, only once in awhile. Hard to reap what you can't even sow. Okay, enough of the farming analogies, let's just say I'm back at it!

I really didn't want to put a comment in here today - no one would read so who'd know I wasn't doing what I need to be doing to succeed? Well, besides me, anyway. But hey, that crap-dappy behavior is what has me at a standstill and I really can't expect things to change with absolutely no effort.
    I am having lots of stomach issues, not very hungry, then starving, thinking I'm going to throw up about half the time. It's a lot of fun but I need to get off the ride. I'm not sure what's causing it as it happens whether I'm eating clean or not so I'm headed off to do research on the myriad and one things it could be. You know - stomach cancer, ulcer, parasites, and any other awful thing you can imagine. But nothing like eating too much, eating too often - the things I control.
    I did avoid my daughter's homemade sponge cake yesterday. Today's epic battle might be fighting the Frosted Mini Wheats craving. That's me, ever the warrior. As long as the war is small and over quickly.

You're your problem but you are also your solution. Wisdom taken from "Bridesmaids". Easy enough to follow through in a movie; how often I've wished for someone to direct my every move. Well, okay, probably not, but how I fail over and over and over again.
    I figured out the stomach issues after a visit to my doctor in June. She prescribed Prilosec, I took it without result until I went on vacation in July - my stomach felt great while I was gone. But I felt ill once I got back. So I thought about it. Stress? Nope. Unhealthy eating? (I was on vacation with no problems.) But the one thing that really was different? No fish oil. Yep, even the coated ones were causing me grief. I figured that out the middle of August, after I'd been back a few weeks and gave those suckers up.
    All that to say that my stomach is much better but I'm still eating crap more often than not. Ugh.
    I had a job shake-up last Friday and put some thought into things over the weekend. I am ready for a challenge, I am ready to work hard, I am ready to succeed. Work has been boring, slow, heck some days even agonizing. I get paid well but I was starting to lose my edge and the desire to go to work, so this change is a positive that only felt like a negative for a few hours.
    My eating has been a negative for more than a few hours. But I'm blaming some of that on my mental state (see above job dissatisfaction) and it's time to move forward! I am attacking life on all fronts again, damn it!! Get out of my way, I'm powering my bike uphill and I'm on your left. <Insert maniacal laughter, perhaps slightly rude, here>
    Stats that will scare you:
    200.4 (per my scale, gained six pounds in one week, whatever)
    measurements - chest 44; waist 37; hips 41.5.

B: two sausage, two eggs cooked in a bit of oil
    L: ground beef with tomatoes, onions, garlic, Brazilian pinto beans and potatoes
    D: meatloaf, green beans with butter
    Not totally primal but a damn sight better. Our exchange student is from Brazil and I make the beans from scratch for him - soak overnigt, cook in crockpot with bacon and onions. Not the worst thing in the world.
    Workout will be cardio - stationary bike, push-ups and wall sits.
    Last edited by Debdoub; 09-14-2012 at 07:47 AM.

How great that the 21 day challenge is starting up. Let's call that serendipitous, shall we?

I wolfed down my lunch. I'd forgotten how hungry I get when I first start back to primal eating. I am so embarrassed, after all these times you'd think I'd remember that.

I went one day - eating healthy and exercising! OMG, this is like the best day of my life!! LOL. It probably deserves that much drama because, baby, I have been struggling. Mark kicked off his 21 day challenge yesterday, which just happened to be the 97th time this year I decided to get serious about taking care of myself. My goal is to lose seven pounds over the next three weeks.

I changed up my dinner as I was not in the mood for meatloaf. I ended up making beef and bok choy, sauteed in oil, onions and garlic. I brought leftovers for lunch.

B: potatoes, green pepper, three eggs cooked in oil
    L: beef with bok choy
    D: nothing sounds good, let's wing it. Knowing how bad a choice that is, let's say sweet potato with taco meat

I will exercise again tonight - rowing machine for 15 minutes (if tennis elbow is not calling my name) and then 30-45 minutes on my stationary bike. I am in reading Game of Thrones (yeah, yeah, way late to that game) so the pedal time will also be read time. I'll just program the bike and get peddling!

Well, I made it Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That's almost a record! I even worked out all three days, just made time to take care of myself rather than others. Because that is what working out is, taking care of mysefl.

Today should go well, but probably no exercise unless I do it late tonight. I have too many kids to haul from one activity to the next when I get home from work today.

B: hash browns, two sausage links, three eggs - I was starving
    L: beef with bok choy
    D: spaghetti squash in place of pasta in this recipe I found that uses sausage, ricotta cheese and peas. It sounds good.

I am tired today and my stomach feels "blah". Kind of heavy, kind of heavey, if that makes sense.

I hopped on the scale this morning and I'm down 4.8 pounds since Monday. Not too shabby. I don't feel any thinner so I don't think I need to worry about falling off the wagon because I am so "thin". That has derailed me more than once, I am such a schmuck to fall for it.

I had some leftover ricotta cheee so I tried a new recipe I found online, with a tweak...spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Anyway, I browned up spicy sausage, cooked peas in the grease, added the ricotta, a bit of water and then the cooked spaghetti squash. Stirred it all together, added a bit of salt and pepper and enjoyed the heck of out it. I packed up five containers of leftovers so I'm good to go for awhile. I had to jam it into the freezer, though, as it is full of the side of beef I picked up last week. The chest freezer is packed to the top so it's only the overflow and it is still too much. What a great problem to have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast