Thread: Sloshed's Primal Challenge 2011 page

Sloshed is offline Junior Member

Post Sloshed's Primal Challenge 2011

Primal Fuel
    I've been on the Primal Blueprint for a few months now, minus two weeks I went on a vacation and a few trip ups here and there. I've lost about 50 lbs. so far on it and I am looking to this year's Primal challenge to get more into the physical aspect of the Primal Blueprint as well as stick to the diet 100% for at least a month. I am recording my picture before hand and each week both a frontal picture and profile.

At the start of the Primal Challenge I am at 241 lbs. with 238.4 being my record low during the past week. (Lowest I've weighed since early High School). I am 6'2" approximately. My weight goal for the Primal Challenge month is to get below 230. I would like to get below 210 before the end of the year. Part of it is to get healthy and I also want to make the weight necessary to go into the U.S. Military.

I have also helped get my mother into the Primal Challenge and as of the first meal and small walk she is sticking to it too! Part of my challenge is helping to support her during her Challenge. Family members are watching me curious to see how the month effects me. They've already been impressed with the weight loss I've done but they saw me for the first time in 2 years after I had lost the weight so they hadn't seen the actual changes, just the result.

Yesterday I gave in to some sugar sweets at a local old-style candy store. That resulted in intense carb cravings that night (went with very unprimal take-out Chinese food and three smaller candy bars.) The bars tasted horrible but I still ate three and a half of them, they were the first candy bars I've had in over half a year. But that experience helped reinforce my intention to stay 100% primal.

Post Day 1: September 12th 2011

Weight: 241 lbs.

Breakfast:
    Drank a good bit of black coffee, tried one with stevia and half and half but preferred black. Ordered a 'Yukon Juans' omelet from one of my favorite breakfast restaurants which had chicken, chiles, onions, green peppers, banana peppers, bacon, cheddar, and monterrey jack cheese in it. It was topped with sour cream. It was cooked in olive oil and tasted amazing. I also had a small order of bacon with it.

After breakfast I went for a relaxing 15min walk through a park. Just to be moving and to aid in digestion, it was a big omelet!

Lunch:
    Intended to eat a salad for lunch or do Primal Fuel but even at 2pm the omelet still had me full. So skipped lunch for today.

Dinner:
    Spinach and lettuce salad with Bulgarian feta cheese, kalmata olives, and a lil lemon juice squeezed over it all.
    Last edited by Sloshed; 09-12-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Grok on!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Post Day 2: September 13th 2011

Weight: 239.8 lbs.

Breakfast:
    Had a Greek Omelet for breakfast with three eggs, gyro meat, feta cheese, tomatoes, onion, and green peppers.

Lunch:
    Omelet filled me up for most of the day so I again skipped lunch, I just was not hungry.

Dinner:
    Went with a simple dinner, took a small steak and salt and peppered it and cooked it in virgin coconut oil. Also ate a small spoonful of the coconut oil.

Post Day 3: September 14th 2011

Weight: 238.4 lbs.

Breakfast:
    Two eggs cooked over medium, and a side of bacon.

Snack: One fresh fig.

Lunch:
    A huge salad of mixed greens, turkey, smoked ham, swiss cheese, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and red wine vinegar.

Snack: One fresh fig.

Dinner:
    Enormously full after the salad, so skipping dinner tonight.