Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Arm Push-ups page

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member

Talking One Arm Push-ups

Primal Fuel
    Hey Groks and Grokettes,

I just put up a new one arm push-up article/training tutorial. Keep training hard!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    excellent. i've been wanting to work on these but they seemed so unattainable...these progressions should help. can't wait to give them a try...once i'm healed up from an injury.

h4890 is offline Junior Member
    Hello Al,

Just a quick question. I was playing around with self-assisted "one arm" push ups and after working myself over the edge (to complete exhaustion) my shoulder started to hurt. It was not the regular soar muscle, but a bit more sharp. Is this common when you try one arm push ups?

I guess it was nothing serious though, because after resting for 4 days the pain was gone (usually the soar muscles stop hurting after one day of rest).

Best regards,
    Dan

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing, will be working towards that one-arm pushup

Quote Originally Posted by h4890 View Post
    Hello Al,

Just a quick question. I was playing around with self-assisted "one arm" push ups and after working myself over the edge (to complete exhaustion) my shoulder started to hurt. It was not the regular soar muscle, but a bit more sharp. Is this common when you try one arm push ups?

I guess it was nothing serious though, because after resting for 4 days the pain was gone (usually the soar muscles stop hurting after one day of rest).

Best regards,
    Dan
    You might have tried too much, too soon, but it's hard to say - it could be something with your technique. Maybe next time don't push quite as hard until you get more familiar with the movement pattern.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

h4890 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Kavadlo View Post
    You might have tried too much, too soon, but it's hard to say - it could be something with your technique. Maybe next time don't push quite as hard until you get more familiar with the movement pattern.
    Thank you for the advice Al! =) I'll be more careful and try to ease into the movement, and hopefully it won't happen again.

Best regards,
    Dan

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Oddly, I've had no trouble just busting out one-armed pushups, even with my legs close to each other. But one-armed chin-ups still elude me!!!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

The one arm chin up is waaay harder than the one arm push-up. I can do over 10 one arm push-ups each side - the best I can do with one arm pullups is two reps on my right, one on my left!

I'd love to see some video of you doing a one arm push-up with your heels touching. I've still never seen it done clean.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the video Al...Up to two on each side of the pushups...Gonna work toward inserting the clapping:-) Rock Out with your Grok Out!

Edje Noh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I may be pulling too much of my strength on chest exercises (push-up, bench press) from my arms and shoulders. A personal trainer once told me the outsides of my chest was more developed than the inside. Would it be a good idea to do those 'L7' type push-ups with my hands less wide?
    I was also thinking of doing more tight-grip bench or dumbell chest presses. Will this help me develop my chest better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast