Thread: Wierd cravings page

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

...so, first off, mini-Groks are not an option!

But since Xmas I've really been craving steak! Of course, the one thing I've got none of in the house...

Now while I'm glad that the festive season hasn't left me scrabbling for sugar, it's wierd because even things like chicken don't taste right. Pork belly in the oven - the smell of it cooking actually made me nauseous.

Just wondering if anyone had had something similar?? And did it go away? I've nothing left to eat!

cmab is offline Junior Member

well the symptoms sound like a mini-Grok in the making .... are you sure its not that?

Not unless I'm a) 5 months along already (TMI? lol) or b) a very strange choice for a Christmas re-enactment!

Maybe I'm just wierd *shrug*

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

maybe you're low in iron lately.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I sometimes get odd cravings, or anti-cravings. Like one day at work, out of nowhere I NEEDED a pickle. (Dehydrated, low sodium maybe?) In any case I ate a pickle and felt better- lol.

9 times out of 10 it's a fatty or salty craving. Rarely is it a fruit or veggie. If it's something reasonable, I just go for it.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

The steak thing happened to me the other day. I WANTED STEAK! I had the craving over the weekend before I finally gave in and went and bought some nice steaks, but other foods that I usually love made me nauseous, even bacon! Once I had the big juicy rare steak, I was fine...

I agree that it may be an iron thing, or maybe if you've been eating lots of white meat you're body is craving red meat for some reason?

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Back in my pre-PB days when I was anemic, I would be walking by the sushi bar and see the Maguro (red tuna) through the window.

It called to me like you wouldn't believe!!! Finally, I made the connection ;-)

Still one of my favorite foods, along with a nice black-and-blue steak, even though I'm not having anemia problems anymore.

Listen to your body!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

There's some brisket in the slow cooker now

Thinking about it, over Xmas it was mainly turkey, turkey, pork, and turkey!

I just find it odd to have "sensible" cravings.

Thanks guys!