Thread: Dreams page

Goldsmith is offline Senior Member

Dreams

Shop Now
    So last night during the Cowboy game I went a little bonkers. I figured what the hell... it's the first game of the season.

I had this italian dish that had lots of spicy sausages and chicken, but on top of that I ate all the garlic bread that game with it. Then I proceeded to have two slices of cake leftover from my a relatives 90th birthday party we hosted on Saturday. Cake that I abstained from the day before. haha.

Anyways, I think the combination of all this stuff really did some odd things to me. I woke up 3-4 times last night with VERY vivid and in some cases disturbing dreams. I figure that it had to be all the spices, carbs and sugar in the later hours of the day that caused this as I generally don't have (or just don't remember) any of my dreams.

Anyone else ever experience this kinda thing? Dreams have always kind of weirded me out...

BTW, I also am bloated as all get out this morning. Looking forward to getting back on track today.
    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I've "always" been plagued by weird and upsetting dreams (or nightmares). This weekend confirmed that heavy carbs and grains (pretty much a carb-heavy weekend plus some tortilla chips) influence my dreams because I dreamt about my little brother dying (not the first time that's happened).

Then again, I was reading before bed and people were dying of the plague in the book (wasn't clear in the dream if it was the plague or a hurricane that killed my brother).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).