Thread: Primal Journal (Cilla) page

Cilla is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (Cilla)

Shop Now
    I am a 37 year old mother of 2 who discovered MDA about 9 months ago. I've been grain-free for over a year and feel great. I've lost some weight and most of my migraines have disappeared (I used to have them at least once a week). I haven't managed to get the fitness side of the primal lifestyle on track, so the challenge starting today feels perfect. My goals are to get stronger and lean out.

Measurements:
    height: 173 cm
    weight: 72 kg
    chest: 88.5 cm
    waist:
    -narrowest point: 81 cm
    -navel: 88 cm
    -widest point: 92 cm
    hips: 103 cm
    thigh: 61 cm
    knee: 37 cm

Workout(before breakfast)

Morning walk by the ocean 30 mins

Two cycles:
    Incline push-ups 40 reps
    Squats 60 reps
    elevated jack knife 20
    Forearm knee plank 90s
    Forearm side plank 45s

London Mike is offline Junior Member
    Welcome to the 30 day challenge. I too am starting today even though I've been reading MDA for a few years.

All the best and I hope you reach your targets.

Mike

PS. I'm jealous of your 30 minute walk by the ocean

Food of the first day

Breakfast
    black coffee with coconut oil
    3-egg omelett with onion, mushrooms and cheese, fried in butter

Lunch
    meatballs with stirfried veggies

Dinner
    meatballs with cauliflower and broccolimash

snack
    cheese and crackers (home made grain free seed crackers)

Thoughts:
    I'm happy with my first day of the challenge. Dairy is one of my "weaknesses" diet wise and one of my goals is to cut it back.

It's almost 9.30 pm and if I'm going to get 8 hours of sleep tonight I'd better hit the sack.

Second day of the challenge went really well. My planned sprintworkout turned out to be a bit more like a normal distance run. Running for 50 minutes in the forest around a couple of lakes was just what my soul needed after a long day at work. Got into bed at 9.30, yay!!!

6 days into the challenge and I feel great and feel very convinced that this is the way I want to live my life! Food-wise this week has been great. I haven't felt like cheating at all, I've been able to bring lunch to work everyday, and have made good choices all through the week. I did indulge in some red wine and some organic blue cheese after dinner last night. I've actually inspired several of my co-workers to change their diets as well :-D. I wish I could inspire my hubbie more...

Workout-wise I feel like I'm not doing enough. I've been working out quite intensely for a while, and reducing the work-load to one sprint-session and two weight-sessions per week feels like to little. But I'm going to follow this protocol for the duration of this challenge and evaluate post-challenge. I do however really like the primal fitness workouts, I just finished my second workout and I can feel my muscles tingling all over :-).
    In total this week I have done:
    1 sprint/running workout
    2 primal fitness weight workouts
    1 zumba class (which I regard as play-more fun than aerobics)
    several walks with my kids
    1 bikeride to and from work (15km roundtrip)

A third goal for me was to get more and better sleep. I've gotten to bed before 10 most nights this week and have been waking up pretty well-rested. This is something that I'll really continue with.

One week into the challenge and I feel great.
    I whipped out my measuring tape this morning, and I have lost some centimeters all over (in total 7,5 cm) :-) and 1,1 kg the past week. One of my goals is to lean out, so I'm really happy with my progress.