Thread: Primal Journey - wolfwoman page

wolfwoman is offline Junior Member

Primal Journey - wolfwoman

I've been Primal for a few months now, but slacked a bit so I kicked off again with the Whole30 cleanse. I'm ready to do the Primal Blueprint 30-day Challenge, so it seems like a good idea to start a journal at the same time. It all starts tomorrow .... Grok on!

Day One:

Body Pump 60 minutes

Breakfast (on the run): Iced Americano w/cream, hard-boiled egg, cheese stick
    Lunch: Two uncured beef franks, bite of raw carrot, handful of cherry tomatoes

Not the best choices.... so far

Dinner: amazing veggie, chicken sausage frittata! small salad with EVOO dressing.

Dessert: 3 squares of extra dark chocolate, 2 glasses of shiraz.

*sigh* 2 more glasses of shiraz.... it was yummy!
    Last edited by wolfwoman; 09-12-2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: ETA

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    I think those choices are just fine- there wasn't any wheat- that would have been far worse in my opinion I wish you luck and success..

Quote Originally Posted by LexxyV86 View Post
    I think those choices are just fine- there wasn't any wheat- that would have been far worse in my opinion I wish you luck and success..
    Hey, thanks! I've done better, that's all. I have pretty high expectations for myself Thanks again and best of luck to you, too!

Day Two:

Ran 1.23 miles, 1/4 of which was on a trail through some woods and up a steep hill to the street again Dismal time of 11:39/mile, but oh well.

Breakfast: bacon & eggs
    Lunch: tuna in olive oil w/mayo and pickle
    Snack: handful of mixed nuts (macadamia, pistachio, almond, cashew
    Dinner: two chicken thighs, medium salad w/olive oil & vinegar, summer squash w/butter
    Dessert: 4 squares of dark chocolate, decaf w/cream

WATER: lots!

Now to get myself to sleeping more.... *sigh* .... born a nightowl, still a nightowl.

LexxyV86 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Day Two:

Ran 1.23 miles, 1/4 of which was on a trail through some woods and up a steep hill to the street again Dismal time of 11:39/mile, but oh well.

Breakfast: bacon & eggs
    Lunch: tuna in olive oil w/mayo and pickle
    Snack: handful of mixed nuts (macadamia, pistachio, almond, cashew
    Dinner: two chicken thighs, medium salad w/olive oil & vinegar, summer squash w/butter
    Dessert: 4 squares of dark chocolate, decaf w/cream

WATER: lots!

Now to get myself to sleeping more.... *sigh* .... born a nightowl, still a nightowl.

I am right there with you on being a night owl! I am trying to overcome this- I want to sleep at night but it has been difficult- I am aiming for a midnight bedtime routine what about you?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by LexxyV86 View Post
    I am right there with you on being a night owl! I am trying to overcome this- I want to sleep at night but it has been difficult- I am aiming for a midnight bedtime routine what about you?
    Whoa! I've been traveling and this website is not as good on my smartphone, but I didn't realize how long I've been gone! Tough to keep to any kind of schedule with this trip; almost every night in a different spot, visiting with family & friends, up late, sometimes up early too. Each time I start to really beat myself up though, I tell myself to remember Mark's 80/20 rule.

How are you doing??

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, here we are on Day ... what Day are we on?!? and I have been slacking on posting. I've also eaten badly (a few grain-things, mostly iced mochas & alcohol) and missed out on my twice-weekly weight training.

However ...

Oh wait, there IS no however. I've not been following the daily challenges or contests I've been active - running every other day, which is NOT really Primal, but at least it's active. I've not been getting enough sleep. I've not been faithfully sticking to the foods, either. So .... what have I learned?

Well, for one thing, with Mark's 80/20 rule, I don't beat myself up. I also find that after going Primal before the challenge, I am actually in good enough shape already for the 80/20 rule to actually mean something tangible. I can go out - without having done a lot of physical stuff - and run a few miles with friends. I can eat what I consider to be "bad" foods (iced mochas are my absolute weakness) but do some brisk calisthenics or something, and mitigate the insulin spike, and not feel horrible. I can keep up with my 2-year-old grandson! I put him in the backpack and hiked (briskly) over a mountain trail the other day, and actually could have gone dancing that night, if we hadn't been in a remote campground

All in all, I would much rather have done the challenge in my home turf, with my own kitchen and Farmers Market and so on. But ... I ain't doing too badly, considering it's a vacay.