Thread: I値l give it a try page

eagle is offline Junior Member

I値l give it a try

Shop Now
    Day 1- Sunday
    Actually I started last night, I thought if I am resolute to start tomorrow, why not starting now. So for dinner I had roasted chicken with cauliflower (Moroccan style with pine nuts, raisins and butter) and three dates for desert.
    This morning I had 2 shots of espresso with ス cup unsweetened almond milk, not hungry so did not have anything else.
    Lunch - small filet mignon with the leftovers from the Moroccan cauliflower and some fresh tomatoes with tiny slices of buffalo mozzarella and basil with one date for desert.
    Dinner – will see, haven’t decided yet.
    In the morning I went for a swim, not too much because i had to keep an eye on my 3 year old son playing on the stairs of the pool, but just enough to feel better.
    Oh and last night I did the PBF assessment and started to exercise
    Wall push up 2x40
    Chair assisted pullup (2 legs) 2x20
    Full squat 2x50
    Elevated Jack knife press 2x20
    Forearm/Feet plank 1x80 sec and 1x 70 sec
    I can’t believe how flimsy my arms are!

Ok i did not have time to finish this or post for several days now. Busy, busy...
    Here it is the end of the day food log:
    PM snack ス cup of almond milk with one espresso, some raw almonds and dried fruit
    Dinner was chicken livers saut馥d with sweet Vidalia onions and some watermelon for desert.
    Last edited by eagle; 09-14-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Day 2 - Monday

Day 2 - Monday
    As i said i did not have time to post here but i have been keeping notes...

Woke up without an alarm clock this morning, an hour later than I had to. Not because I wanted to, but because my son put my alarm clock on mute! Major morning stress to get ready, get the little one ready and go to work. Of course I was late for work…

Had ス cup of almond milk with 2 shots of espresso at home.
    Hungry at 9:30 and had ate 2 eggs with bacon
    Late lunch - green salad with raisins, fresh strawberries, pecans, blue cheese, filet mignon slices and homemade raspberry vinaigrette
    Dinner – last filet mignon with salad of tomatoes and roasted peppers.
    I think I overindulged in dried fruit that evenings, we had company after dinner and we snaked on dried fruit…oh well.

Forgot to say that I walked 5.6 miles that day (cumulative) without counting housework or walking around the office;
    Last edited by eagle; 09-14-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Day 3 Tuesday

Day 3 - Tuesday

ス cup of almond milk with 2 shots of espresso
    Breakfast /Lunch at 11-ish a cup of whole milk greek yogurt with 6 oz container of raspberries – mmmm so good
    In the afternoon I volunteered in an urban farm – one acre vegetable garden on the roof of a building, it was awesome!!!
    Check it out if you like Brooklyn Grange. Harvested sunflowers heads and cut the stems with big garden shears, than hulled the stems on a wheelbarrow to the compost. It was an afternoon of hard work under the sun, but I enjoyed it very much. On the train home I was so hungry and the only thing I had in my backpack was a 73% organic dark chocolate bar so I ate セ of it. Not great but better than buying a bagel from the train station.
    Dinner - two fried eggs sunny side up on a bed of slices of feta cheese, sprinkled with paprika and some melted butter
    I was wiped out and went to bed at 9;30, slept like a baby, not sure if my son even woke up during the night and called me, that’s how soundless I slept.

Weighted myself Monday morning 142 ponds. Sunday morning I was 144.4, 2.4 pounds for one day is not normal and not sustainable, maybe my scale is not functioning properly.
    Tuesday morning back to 143.
    Last edited by eagle; 09-14-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Day 4 - Wednesday
    Breakfast ス cup almond milk with 2 espresso shots with 1 tsp. of organic blue guava for sweetener. I always have that for sweetener but forget to add it here.
    Hungry at 10 –tuna salad with 1 can of tuna, 4 celery stalks, 2 Tbsp. organic mayo and salt an pepper.

May be it is time for a little information about myself and since I have some time this morning...
    I am 36 year old female, 5’-5” 141.4 pounds as of today.
    I have discovered the bad effects of carbs by myself. Seven or eight years ago I decided to give up all animal products for lent. Not that I am very religious I just wanted to try and see if I can do it. So I did and for forty days I gained almost 10 pounds!!! , I ate all the time because I was constantly hungry.
    I had a second epiphany six years ago when going thru an emotionally tough time I made a promise to myself not to eat anything artificial sweets. So I removed all sugary stuff from my diet, gave up coca cola, ate very little bread that I made myself in a bread maker, ate sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes and very little rice. Due to the stress I was going thru I was not sleeping well, so I cut all coffee out of my routine and instead of taking the prescribed sleep pill I started taking a glass of red wine with my dinner.
    I felt amazing, I started running 6 miles a day and I had plenty of energy. I began to sleep well, even without the red wine at dinner, I was in my best shape ever. In six months I had lost 25-30 lb., had no cellulite, a major LGN factor
    People will ask me why did you stop? Many reasons or should I say excuses - moved to another city, started new job with longer commute, had an ACL replacement due to ski injury, had a baby etc. etc.
    Before I started reading PB book I thought that my success six years ago was more due to the vigorous training and the food choices helped a little, now I understand that it was the other way around.
    For the record I also want to mention that I had tried numerous times to do South beach diet, but the two weeks without fruit and the low fat food always made me fail. I hate low fat, I will rather not eat than eat something that is low fat, it just taste like cardboard or chalk (not that I have eaten chalk and cardboard, but my imagination tells me that how it must taste).

Dinner – sweet Italian sausage saut馥d with sliced red bell peppers and onions and 5 figs for desert.
    Total walking for the day 4.8 miles

Day 5 – Thursday
    ス cup almond unsweetened milk with 2 espresso shots and tsp. of organic blue agave sweetener
    10 AM – ス cup of whole milk Greek yogurt + 8 strawberries
    2 PM lunch – salad of tomatoes, cucumbers and roasted red peppers with some wild Alaskan salmon
    5 PM Snack –dried fruit and some pistachios + ス cup of coconut milk with Nescafe powder
    For diner I am thinking lamb meatballs Grok style with tomatoes and cucumbers salad.
    Total walking today 2.5 miles