Thread: lean muscle page

jpandzel is offline Junior Member

lean muscle

Shop Now
    I'm trying to gain a few lbs of lean muscle. I will eat a little more each day than I normally do. My question is- is it more important to up the fat or up the protein? I'm doing about 1 g of protein per lean body weight at this time. Should I up the protein or fat for the extra calories?

-justin

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpandzel View Post
    I'm trying to gain a few lbs of lean muscle. I will eat a little more each day than I normally do. My question is- is it more important to up the fat or up the protein? I'm doing about 1 g of protein per lean body weight at this time. Should I up the protein or fat for the extra calories?
    Health Correlator: How much dietary protein can you store in muscle? About 15 g/d if you are a gifted bodybuilder
    BODY BY SCIENCE TRAINING VIDEO 2 — TODD BEARD
    BBC iPlayer - Frontiers: Muscle Wastage

You have to give your body a stimulus to build more lean tissue.

gorski is offline Member
    Im doing the same thing as you.

Ive upped my protein to 1.5g per per pound of lean body weight, and also added more calories with fat, Im aiming for around 3000 calories a day.

On workout days I aslo eat pre workout healthy carbs (Sweet potato) and the same all day after workout I do not skip carbs unless theyre grain or wheat based something similar.

Im also doing a workout based around Body By Science the link js290 left above.

Also check this site out particularly this link: Best Bodybuilding Diet Plan Revealed!

Also this workout is very similar (was influenced by the same ideas) to the Body By Science: Targeted Hypertrophy Training