Thread: Hello, I'm never giving up. page

savmac is offline Junior Member

Hello, I'm never giving up.

Shop Now
    Hey all, this is my first post even though I've been reading many other posts and amazed at the success stories. Now I'm ready to make my own success story.
    I started right after last Christmas doing the 4 Hour Body diet with moderate success. Dropped about 20 pounds but then got lazy in following along and eventually went back to my old ways.
    Then about a month ago I read the Primal Blueprint and all 200+ pages of the before and after pics threads and got totally stoked! There's nothing more motivating than seeing other people's real world progress and knowing, "if they can do it so can I".
    The only problem is I started going primal but then quickly went from 80/20 to 60/40 to 20/80 etc. Kind of bummed especially after struggling with all the "diets" over the years.
    The good news is that I know now from my bit of experience so far that the PB is the easiest, most common sense and energetic/healthy state of eating and overall health I've felt.
    So now is the time for the 30 day challenge and I'm ready!
    If anyone has any tips or experience on how they made a permanent cross-over as opposed to slipping back which has been my experience, please let me know. I think my biggest challenge is just keeping good, healthy primal friendly food available for when hunger kicks in. I also have a tendency to throw in the towel on a Friday night or after a stressful day and get a pizza and cokes and say to myself "I deserve it". Know what I mean?
    Anyway, love the MDA and the awesome forum, I'm ready for the challenge!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome! Good to hear you feel ready! I'm only 12 weeks in, but my turning point came 5-6 weeks into doing the Leptin-reset. I could literally feel my switches flick over to what a normal mode must feel like. I don't see myself ever going back but it is a continuos journey.

Gweebles is offline Member
    Hi and welcome!!! I was once an Atkins success with a 200 pound loss but let the nasties slip in and tried the fake foods and carb replacements and got so frustrated because I WASN'T losing. Primal is so much easier because once you detox from that crap, it is not hard at all. Yes, sometimes I still white-knuckle it past homemade light rolls or cupcakes, but it's worth it to see the loss and the way I feel and sleep. You can do it this time!!!

Just remember, when you feel like you "deserve" that pizza or soda, why do you deserve to poison yourself? Would you "deserve" to toss down a spoonful of rat poison? I think of it that way and it helps a lot

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I also have a tendency to throw in the towel on a Friday night or after a stressful day and get a pizza and cokes and say to myself "I deserve it". Know what I mean?
    Yes. I know that well.

Eat lots of fat and protein for breakfast and lunch. Tell yourself you deserve a big thick porterhouse steak with butter melted on it or whatever else is healthy but luxurious and filling. Work on building up your will power.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the Fun House...No smoke and Mirrors here. What you see is what you get, and how you get here is entirely up to you. What you choose to/choose not to put into your body will be the difference in your progress. If you think of this as a DIET, then you've already stepped backwards. Think Lifestyle, and you'll continue to go forward. Good luck to you, and Grok On!

savmac is offline Junior Member
    Excellent advice everyone, thank you!
    I agree in that don't we all "deserve" to put the best things into our bodies for the rest of our lives instead of crap? I think it really all comes down to a mindset for the food choices we make and what our bodies truly deserve, which is long healthy lives.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Food is fuel, not a reward. Find some other way to reward yourself for meeting your goals.

Exercise is for health, not for punishing yourself. Don't try to run yourself to death because you broke down and had some pizza. Everything that goes in your mouth is your decision. Accept your decisions and change them the way you want without beating yourself up over it.

lindajamison76 is offline Junior Member
    Nice to miss you
    welcome to all