Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypoglycemia/insulin resistance page 2

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think maybe doing Dr Kruse's Leptin Reset protocol might be helpful as well.

The basics:
    - Eat at least 50 grams of protein breakfast within 30 minutes of waking
    - Allow 4-5 hours between meals
    - Eat 3 meals a day, paleo or primal diet
    - Keep carbs at 50 or below (25 if obese)
    - No snacking - black coffee or tea OK but no cream, no calories
    - Allow at least 3-4 hours between dinner and bedtime
    - No aerobic exercise or weight lifting until LS (leptin sensitivity) is re-established, walking is OK

Still have questions? Go to Dr Kruse's Leptin Reset FAQs. http://jackkruse.com/the-leptin-rx-faqs/

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    I understand it isn't necessarily the absolute level of blood sugar that will precipitate the symptoms of hypoglycemia, but rather the change in blood sugar, and how quickly it happens. I think orange juice is too sweet to treat hypoglycemia symptoms in this situation: it just feeds the cycle. In a person with metabolic syndrome, not taking medications for diabetes, a life-threatening reaction to "low blood sugar" is impossible.

JP
    I'd like to understand this better, is there any more info explaining this? Also, I can add that when my brother quit drinking wine every night his symptoms did improve tremendously so I imagine the sodas will have to go.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar View Post
    I'd like to understand this better, is there any more info explaining this? Also, I can add that when my brother quit drinking wine every night his symptoms did improve tremendously so I imagine the sodas will have to go.
    Alcoholism and Hypoglycemia - a knol by Stephen Carroll

Goldstar is offline Senior Member
    Great article js290, thanks. Yes, my bro did drink alot and he does have hypoglycemic episodes still after quitting. Unfortunately, either they trigger panic attacks or the panic attacks trigger the hypoglycemia. What we can't figure out is why sometimes he can pull out of a hypo episode fairly quickly and other times cannot. This rate of control at normalizing the blood sugars is directly related to the passage of the panic attacks so I am very interested in an answer to this question about length of time.

Greggers069 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have had hypoglycemia since I was years old. I had to stop playing sports due to the low blood sugar problems in the middle of games. I have gained a considerable amount of weight since then and it has gotten worse, but, I have always had it. Since I started changing to primal lifestyle it started wonderful. No blood sugar problems in the first month, but, within the last days my blood sugar levels have gotten lower. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or differently. I do understand your husbands issues and I do not think they are going anywhere anytime. The problem I can tell so far is not very many people understand this condition enough to treat it.
    Starting Date: August 11, 2011
    Starting Weight: 330 pounds
    Current Weight: 310 pounds
    Goal Weight: 210 pounds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12