I guess I'll take a stab at this whole journal thing. I've gotten so much out of other people's I figure I'll at least make an effort to contribute. I probably won't be as vociferous as some other regular contributors, but I'll try to update at least a couple times a week.

Right now I'm 25 years old, about 235 lbs at 5'9". I have a bathroom scale that puts my bf% at about 35%, for whatever the reading out of that thing is worth. I've always been kinda fat and am now determined to do something about it. I'd eventually like to get down to about 170-180 and about 15% bf. I've been working out with a trainer at a studio that really emphasizes primal type functional strength. All of the trainers there are either RKC or IKFF certified in kettlebells. Sadly, my paid for time there is running out soon, but I'm planning on taking the knowledge I have gained and continuing the kettlebell workouts on my own.

I've been kind of easing into primal eating for the past month or so, with the idea that in the new year to go all out. That makes yesterday my first day.

For breakfast I had 2 strips of uncured bacon, 3 eggs cooked in the bacon fat, and a papaya. In the afternoon I was planning on seeing Avatar with some friends so I knew I wouldn't be able to get a whole meal in, so I packed a bag w/ about 3/4 cup raw almonds to snack on throughout the movie. For dinner I made a big pot of the chili recipe posted by mark on the site, with some added veggies.

One initial observation I had from yesterday was that I was not nearly as satiated from breakfast as I thought I would be. I'm not sure if I was really hungry, or if my stomach just did not know what to do with all of that fat so early in the morning. Other than that, nothing really to speak of.

This morning I had a similar breakfast, but I added one more strip of bacon and added a couple big handfuls of spinach to the eggs. I'm having a similar type of feeling as yesterday. I'm not really craving any kind of food, but my stomach just feels kind of strange. This is probably going to be a pretty typical kind of breakfast for me so I'll just see how it goes and if this feeling persists I might make some changes.

For lunch I will probably have a spinach salad with some other random veggies from the fridge thrown in and some olive oil/balsamic vinegar as dressing. I'm committed to trying to make myself eat more salads. I have always hated them. I think it is the lettuce, I can not stand it. No matter what type of lettuce and how much I wash it it just tastes dirty to me and makes me gag. Because of this most of my salads will probably be based with other greens, such as spinach, arugula, etc. For dinner tonight, and probably most of next week, will be chili.

Anyway, that's it for my first post. I'm looking forward to continuing on this journey and seeing where it takes me