Thread: longtime lowcarber, brand new Primal Girl page

WereBear is offline Junior Member

longtime lowcarber, brand new Primal Girl

Primal Fuel
    I started with Atkins in July of 2004... lost 60 pounds by Christmas. Got into my slimmest-ever pants and found it good.

Why was that not the end of my story?

For a while, it seemed like it was. I tooled along on a pretty indulgent Maintenance policy, which allowed for the occasional wheat/starch/sugar treat. Maybe twice a month, in small amounts; others would call that downright deprivation!

Winter before last, I had the car in the shop for two months, with resultant financial stress, and catching the bus and getting to the grocery store in -20 weather. So I got a box of Dreamfield's pasta. Got into a whole cycle of that didn't seem to mess me up, gosh it was CHEAP, let's do it again and by spring I looked like an overstuffed sausage in those treasured pants.

Part of my reboot was ditching all grains entirely last Christmas; and MAN OH MAN, what a difference! I thought eating some once in a while didn't hurt; but it kept the "addiction" alive.

Now I've not only dropped 5 pounds while eating a lot of fruit this summer, I've gained a whole new perspective. Been lurking long enough; bought Mark's book, The Primal Blueprint, and I'm ready to get primeval on this.

I'm up to 20 seconds with the cold shower rinse at the end of my shower... that'll wake you up in the morning!
    --
    Lowcarber for seven years, now Going Primal

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the tribe!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good for you, and welcome aboard. This is a fantastic lifestyle...Grok ON!

Labhraín is offline Junior Member
    Welcome, WereBear. So glad you've found the benefits of Primal.

I found Primal via starting with Atkins, as well. Because I still have weight to lose, I still keep carbs low, as this consistently works for me. I also still am active with the Atkins forum. However, from the time I started Atkins, I had made the decision that grains and processed foods were permanently out, even at goal. So, before I'd even heard of Primal, I'd been eating pretty darned Primal.

BryanC is offline Member
    Chained to an Art Board in Washington State
    saWEET!
    I'm just your average, legendary superhero, trapped in a lump of flesh.

Scottish Highland Games: a sport where the fat kid gets picked FIRST.