Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leangains Experiment page 2

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Feanor: Are you doing just one meal a day, or is that your food for the whole day? Also, are you just doing the fasting window portion of the LG program and not the carbups? One sweet potato is only like 40 grams of carbohydrate. According to Martin, a guy your size should be getting a lot more carbs (like 200+g) in the post-workout meal along with a big dose of lean protein.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing 2 meals per day - I think that with the broccoli, spinach, and berries I should be getting enough carbs. Since re-introducing berries and sweet potatoes, I noticed I feel a lot stronger/recover faster in the gym.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Feanor, thanks for starting this journal which I look forward to studying. I am also following the Leangains protocol although I have no prior lifting history and am way, way behind your numbers. Couple of questions if you care to answer: do you do any kind of warmup, or do you just jump right in to the work sets? How low do you go on your squats?

I usually walk for 2.5 minutes (4mph) and jog for 2.5 minutes (6.5mph) before I do any lifting... don't know if it does anything but y'know, force of habit... I try to go slightly lower than parallel w/ squats.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Makes sense. Thanks!

Man I felt really hungry from like 10AM til now... about to take some BCAA and go hit the gym. THE HUNGER!!!

Lifting today:
    Squats: 4x7x235
    Standing Barbell Press: 135x12, 155x8, 165x6
    Shoulder superset 1: Lateral raises 12x35, front raises 10x35, rear raises 10x35
    Shoulder superset 2: Front raises: 10x35, lateral raises, 8x35, rear raises 8x35

I ate/will eat:
    1 serving BCAAs
    1lb ground chicken w/ 2 large handfuls spinach and 1/2 cup salsa
    1 sweet potato
    3 eggs w/ cheese
    1 package frozen Brussels sprouts

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    So you basically eat a few hours before lifting, then soon after? That's it?
    How did you figure out your maintenance amount of calories?

I'm thinking of giving this a try myself, but will probably go the 3 meals route.

bwhit, I'm not eating at all pre-workout except for 1 serving of BCAAs before lifting, then a relatively carb-heavy meal after lifting and more protein and fat-centric meal later in the day. Feeling pretty good so far... I have to say increasing the starch/carb content in my diet has made me feel much more clear-headed and energetic for the past few days.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor78 View Post
    bwhit, I'm not eating at all pre-workout except for 1 serving of BCAAs before lifting, then a relatively carb-heavy meal after lifting and more protein and fat-centric meal later in the day. Feeling pretty good so far... I have to say increasing the starch/carb content in my diet has made me feel much more clear-headed and energetic for the past few days.
    I find the same thing, as long as I'm lifting heavy.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast