Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not working for me? page

gina.g is offline Junior Member

It's not working for me?

Shop Now
    I've been following Primal for a month. At first I loved it and was raving to everybody. I thought it was the easiest, most natural way of life I'd found. Then carb flu hit 2 weeks in and I wanted to die but suffered through it promising myself that it was best.

I lost 5 lbs and 3 inches the first week. Since then I've had no change. I read how people have lost so much weight doing this or paleo and how much food they eat. I'm obviously doing something wrong. It's been very discouraging and I'm not sure how to move past it.

I should mention that my husband refuses to change the way he eats, which is mostly processed food and restaurant meals. So primalizing my pantry isn't really an option.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    First, stop over-simplifying things. Just because you aren't losing weight doesn't mean it's not working. Give it time and remember that weight loss isn't the end-all be-all(would you want to lose organ or bone weight?)

Second, if you want any sort of advice, you are going to need to provide some sort of information as to what your situation is.

The following things would be helpful:

Age, height, weight and sex(assuming female, but we have lots of gay groks here)

Several days worth of menus

Exercise, sleep, stress

Any medications

Yes, I'm female, 29 y/o, 5'4", 225 (hard to post that)

Menu

Usually I skip breakfast and just have coffee, sometimes with cream.
    If I have breakfast it's a couple eggs or a cup of Greek yogurt with honey or stevia and blueberries

Lunch is leftover meat and veggies or salad, maybe a handful of nuts

Dinner, meat and veggies again, I usually cook game meats (hubs is a hunter) and sauté mushrooms, tomatoes, squash, or greens in bacon fat or coconut oil with garlic

I only drink water or sparkling water with fresh lime juice

I try to have dark chocolate every other day, usually stay away from it bc it seems to be a trigger food. Other snacks might be a coconut milk smoothie, soup, nuts, tuna/sardines, boiled eggs, etc

I think dairy prompts a sugar craving, anybody else experience this? I don't eat so much dairy, around 2 servings a day. Either a cup of milk, cream with coffee, and ounce of cheese, a cup of yogurt.

I've also tried to stay around 1500-1800 calories. I understand most people don't count calories (some do) but I'm terrified that not tracking will lead to recklessness on my part. The people that stave cravings with coconut oil boggle my mind. If I do that and watch calories I can't eat food.

Do I abandon calories completely?

I left out fruit. I love fruit. Especially mangos. Fruit and Greek yogurt are my dessert/treats but it's hard not to snack on them throughout the day.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you would be a good candidate for the leptin reset program.

dado Guest
    You gotta go hard or go home!

Do you do the heavy things, MOST IMPORTANT, DO YOU SQUAT!?

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    I'd try cutting out the snacks and making your meals bigger instead. It's part of the Leptin Reset (there's a long thread here about it). I'm not exactly following the reset, but have noticed that sticking with just 3 big meals a day makes a huge difference in my weight loss. I think it has something to do with lowering insulin production.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Heidi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    You gotta go hard or go home!

Do you do the heavy things, MOST IMPORTANT, DO YOU SQUAT!?
    Hitting it hard isn't for everyone. Sometimes it's better to play it safe than overdo things and end up injured, especially when you're obese.
    I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

I'll look into the leptin reset. I've seen the thread but didn't know what it was so didn't read it. I have no problem lifting weights but the lifting heavy things...I don't understand the difference between weight training and "heavy things."

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Hitting it hard isn't for everyone. Sometimes it's better to play it safe than overdo things and end up injured, especially when you're obese.
    I didn't realize she was obese, Heidi.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast