Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's not working for me? page 2

gina.g is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can we not argue my obesity status? lol It's a great confidence boost, lemme tell ya.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gina.g View Post
    I left out fruit. I love fruit. Especially mangos. Fruit and Greek yogurt are my dessert/treats but it's hard not to snack on them throughout the day.
    fruit stalls my weightloss and is a trigger food for me. Mangos are so high on the sugar scale. You might opt for berries or tart fruit.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Can we not argue my obesity status? lol It's a great confidence boost, lemme tell ya.
    giiiirl... you are not alone.. just keep plugging away, it will come. As I am constantly being told, you did not gain it overnight.. it is not leaving without a fight.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed that when I stall, something else is changing in my body. I choose to think of the plateaus as healing time and be patient. Also, try cutting down on the dairy and fruit as they often stall weight for some people. The leptin protocol is great because it is strict and ends cravings.

gina.g is offline Junior Member
    Thank you! Yes, I was shocked to see the carb/sugar count in mangos, so no more for a while. Luckily I bought some beautiful blueberries at the farmers market yesterday. Along with some fresh double-yolk eggs. I'm going to try the leptin reset, since it really sounds like where I'm at. I have managed to keep 30 lbs off for 3 years despite my husband constanty keeping donuts, chips, cookies, etc in the house. They're not even a problem to avoid any more.

Freshy is offline Junior Member
    Nothing to be embarassed or ashamed about Gina. You are doing something about your situation, which is more than can be said about MANY others. Pat yourself on the back!
    Like athomeontherange said fruit is a killer for many, especially sugary fruits. Do your best to pull back on them. Also, just because the weight isn't dropping on the scale doesn't mean your body composition isn't changing for the better as more muscle is being added. Keep at it and you'll see results!

Donnn is offline Senior Member
    How's your sleep?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    A few thoughts...

Download the Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book and do the five essential movements. Squats are included there. That's one LHT option. If you have a gym membership, like I do, them you can use machines and or dumbells. Working in the exercise component is very important.

Three weeks without further weightloss is not really a stall. Your body may just need time to heal. Take body measurements too.

How about 1 fruit choice (mostly berries) and 1 dairy choice per day. Fats are important, I didn't even look at my calories until I had been Primal for over 6 months. By that time my body was naturally craving less food. My calories range from 1500-2000.

My husband and kids are not Primal. I just do my own thing for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is usually meat, veg and carb. I just skip the carb.

Good Luck!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i just want to say, keep it at it! don't let any plateau mess with your head! scales can be a bit deceiving too, but as long as you're not gaining weight at your point in your journey, stick with this thing.

now, for a bit of advice. cut out the fruit, honey and dairy. berries on occasion are okay, but should not be a staple if you're trying to lose weight. try to stick to three large meals, no snacks, but within your caloric level.

YOU CAN DO THIS

darkfault is offline Junior Member
    I know you guys don't like to count calories but lets face it, the #1 rule in weight loss is, consume less calories then you burn = Weight loss. Trying to bury our heads in the sand is not the answer. If you are faced with a stall, the first thing I would do is start logging my food intake.

I find this article to be one of the greatest articles I have ever read in the diet/weight loss/fat loss arena, it opened my eyes to all the excuses, lies, b.s that is out there. Proven, Never-Fails, Step-By-Step Method For Blistering Fat Loss

I would look into your over all calories, the answer is there!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast