Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need nutless batter recipe page 2

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It's not a 'batter,' but my family (Italian-Americans) will dip veggies in just beaten egg and saute in olive oil--delicious, IMO.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicsamm View Post
    Tapioca starch is very light, similar to a tempura batter. That's why I usually mix it with other things. You could use straight tapioca starch but increase your seasonings a bit The only thing with flax is that sometimes the taste alters when fried at high temps, if you mixed it with others you might be ok

Good luck!
    Ugh...flax as a batter...the reason why the taste alters is because it goes rancid very, very fast. Using flax as a batter is a disaster unless you like shoveling large amounts of highly oxidized PUFA's into your body. If you're going to do that, you may as well use whole wheat flour because it's healthier.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    Yeah....34 g carbs per 1/4 cup of rice flour...not going to happen. I'll just use the spices and cook it that way.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    That's really not a big deal if you're reasonably insulin sensitive. Just time the meal after you exercise and you'll have no problem eating a couple grams of starch. You might even find that occasionally indulging in starch helps speed your weight loss if you're moderately lean. Besides, you could coat a pound of chicken with a quarter cup of flour. You can easily eat an entire pound of chicken and keep under 100g of carbs for the whole day.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    200 lbs, 16-18% bf, with hypothyroid and low testosterone probably isn't lean enough to justify that big of a carb up.

A pan of pumpkin almond brownies, sweet potato fries, and an apple was enough for today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12