Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservatol? page

Glamorama is offline Senior Member

Reservatol?

Does anyone know if this antioxidant (from the skin of red grapes) is beneficial for fat loss? I vaguely remember reading about it a while back but not enough was said about it. Thought I'd see if anyone knows more about the use of reservatol (as capsules, not Pinot noir...) in order to shed the fat?

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Its supposed to have a lot of health benefits, but if you are prone to migraines it may not be such a great idea. I tried it and got headaches from it.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Quote Originally Posted by JKC View Post
    Its supposed to have a lot of health benefits, but if you are prone to migraines it may not be such a great idea. I tried it and got headaches from it.
    Ok, no, I don't get headaches, but my sleep gets easily affected by anything that "wakes you up". Does reservatol promise energy? If so, I should probably only take it in the AM.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I dunno - it is one of those supplements that promises lots. Resveratrol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I have heard it is good for lowering blood sugar, but I got a chromium supplement for that and it reduced my appetite - it is cheaper and it is an actual mineral we need.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    If derived from grapes it might concentrate natural sulfates, which definitely give me a headache.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I get mine in the form of red wine. Only takes about 1/2 to 1 glass to knock me out. More = can't sleep because I'm drunk. LOL

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I've seen it debunked and re-sold so many times I don't know what to think. I don't trust most grapes. But I do trust organic green apples for my antioxidant, life-extending, weight-loss promoting and pore-shrinking dietary staple. Have you tried adding a green apple once or twice a day to a meal?

On the other hand, what makes you think Primal isn't working for you? Are you having trouble sticking with it and reaching for this quick fix like a trained consumer, or are you thinking for yourself and just aren't seeing results fast enough and looking for a slight boost? I mean, not to sound harsh, but if Primal Blueprint diet, fitness and living model aren't working yet, you could try the magic ingredient. Time. Has it been at least a year? Give your body time to adapt. It took me three years to lose 40 pounds. That's just over a pound a month.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 09-09-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Red wine gives me migraines but I have none when taking resveratrol capsules. Make sure you get the form that are trans-resveratrol. I've heard those that don't say trans aren't really effective.

Quote Originally Posted by LitheGrokkette View Post
    Red wine gives me migraines but I have none when taking resveratrol capsules. Make sure you get the form that are trans-resveratrol. I've heard those that don't say trans aren't really effective.
    The ones I found are organic and Australian. Not sure about the trans though.

I love red wine but it really doesn't agree with my waist-line. Gee I wish.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just checked my bottle - the trans is in small print on the back of the label. I did have to hunt for them and they are a little pricier than the non- trans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast