Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reservatol? page 3

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Co-coincidentally, Argentinian malbec is one of the better varietals for a decent bottle under $10, my limit for everyday plonk. Good to know about an additional benefit.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Co-coincidentally, Argentinian malbec is one of the better varietals for a decent bottle under $10, my limit for everyday plonk. Good to know about an additional benefit.
    Good news indeed.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I take 300 mgs of trans-resveratrol/day as part of an autoimmune protocol and I haven't gained any energy or lost fat from it. It inhibits AGE's though, and stimulates humoral (B cell) immunity. You'd really have to drink cases of wine to get the amount of resveratrol in a supplement.

Most resveratrol is not derived from grapes but rather from Giant Knotweed (Polygonum Cuspidatum). Another source of resveratrol like compounds is He Shou Wu (Polygonum Multiflorum). It has really strong anti AGE properties: Stilbene Glucoside from Polygonum multiflorum Thunb.: A Novel Natural Inhibitor of Advanced Glycation End Product Formation by Trapping of Methylglyoxal - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)
    He Shou Wu is a tonic herb in Chinese medicine and does help with energy, as well as hair loss. I've used it with good results for hair shedding due to Hashimoto's

Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I take 300 mgs of trans-resveratrol/day as part of an autoimmune protocol and I haven't gained any energy or lost fat from it. It inhibits AGE's though, and stimulates humoral (B cell) immunity. You'd really have to drink cases of wine to get the amount of resveratrol in a supplement.

Most resveratrol is not derived from grapes but rather from Giant Knotweed (Polygonum Cuspidatum). Another source of resveratrol like compounds is He Shou Wu (Polygonum Multiflorum). It has really strong anti AGE properties: Stilbene Glucoside from Polygonum multiflorum Thunb.: A Novel Natural Inhibitor of Advanced Glycation End Product Formation by Trapping of Methylglyoxal - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)
    He Shou Wu is a tonic herb in Chinese medicine and does help with energy, as well as hair loss. I've used it with good results for hair shedding due to Hashimoto's
    Interesting. I have leaky gut, a prec-cursor for auto-immoune (in my case, most likely DT2, as it runs in the family). Would it help witht hat sort of stuff?

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    It might help. I take it for TH1 (t-cell) dominant Hashimoto's and type 1 diabetes is also a TH1 dominant condition. It's supposed to help insulin resistance. It's something to stay away from if you have a TH2 (b cell) dominant condition like lupus, though.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    What do you take it for? I remember him talking about but can't remember the context
    It's an antioxidant for mitochondria leakiness". He says leakiness determines longevity; he wrote a whole blog post on it http://jackkruse.com/a-leaky-life/ . I think it is the cornertone of Levee #1:
    Levee number 1:

Current cellular homeostasis determines cellular fates all of the time
    . This is the cornerstone of my theory of longevity.*We must stop focusing in on disease states and instead think about what happens to the cell’s environment that dictates its fate.*The cellular terroir are what cause the disease states. This is my cellular theory of relativity. My theory of aging is that the environment the cell finds itself in is directly proportional to outcomes the cell may face.

The best price for Biotiva was walgreens.com, they don't carry it in the stores.
    Last edited by Adrianag; 09-12-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    It's an antioxidant for mitochondria leakiness". He says leakiness determines longevity; he wrote a whole blog post on it A LEAKY LIFE? | Jack Kruse . I think it is the cornertone of Levee #1:

The best price for Biotiva was walgreens.com, they don't carry it in the stores.
    Cool this rings a bell from my time in the Leptin-thread! I think I'll get onto the reservatol-supplements once I'm done with a couple of my other supplements. I'm currently taking super-green capsules, but I'm in my 3rd year of doing so, it cant hurt to mix things up a bit.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I've seen it debunked and re-sold so many times I don't know what to think. I don't trust most grapes. But I do trust organic green apples for my antioxidant, life-extending, weight-loss promoting and pore-shrinking dietary staple. Have you tried adding a green apple once or twice a day to a meal?

On the other hand, what makes you think Primal isn't working for you? Are you having trouble sticking with it and reaching for this quick fix like a trained consumer, or are you thinking for yourself and just aren't seeing results fast enough and looking for a slight boost? I mean, not to sound harsh, but if Primal Blueprint diet, fitness and living model aren't working yet, you could try the magic ingredient. Time. Has it been at least a year? Give your body time to adapt. It took me three years to lose 40 pounds. That's just over a pound a month.
    Interesting info on the green apples. How did you find that out? Just by trial? Also, I agree with you on the time thing! I have been losing about a lb. a week, too. And... not necessarily 1 lb. per week every week. Sometimes it will be three lbs. in one week and then nothing for weeks.

If it's not working for you take a closer look at what you are eating. Also, are you taking supplements? I tend to stop losing when I stop my supplements (multi, vit D, B complex, B12, fish oil, vit C).

Not sure about the resveratrol... I just get my antioxidant fix from vitamin C. It's cheap and effective.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Ssshhhhhh! Don't tell anybody or the next thing you know it will be the latest chi chi tipple and they will hike up the prices.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Ssshhhhhh! Don't tell anybody or the next thing you know it will be the latest chi chi tipple and they will hike up the prices.
    +1000

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123