Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reservatol? page 2

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's one of the supplements Dr K recommended that I take. I take a time-released one in the mornings.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LitheGrokkette View Post
    I just checked my bottle - the trans is in small print on the back of the label. I did have to hunt for them and they are a little pricier than the non- trans.
    Did you buy them online?

Laksmi is offline Member
    Resveratrol, Resveratrol Supplements, Antioxidant Vitamins - Life Extension

This is the article from the Life Extension magazine that ironically I just read on my Kindle a couple days ago. A lengthy but highly informative read.
    So much so that I bought some today (organic, trans, grape skins only..no knotweed) it was expensive but I'm going to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    It's one of the supplements Dr K recommended that I take. I take a time-released one in the mornings.
    What do you take it for? I remember him talking about but can't remember the context!

dhoff10 is offline Junior Member
    I take a resveratrol supplement drink that tastes pretty good. It is made by Genesis Today and uses a variety of grape products and Japanese knotwood. I'm relatively new to primal eating, and I consider it a way of hedging my bets against high cholesterol just in case sat fat does increase this after all. I figure worst case scenario I lose some money and get no benefits, but it looks like it is completely safe as long you don't have headache problems and I have none. Only drawback of a liquid supplement is it is inevitably pasteurized.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, grapes- all organic if possible - even peanuts! contain resveratrol in good amounts. And - according to a food programme which I heard on radio 4 (BBC) Argentinian Malbec has more than any other wine! Followed by Eastern European organic red wines.

So - lunch has berries, evening meals are accompanied with Malbec!

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, grapes- all organic if possible - even peanuts! contain resveratrol in good amounts. And - according to a food programme which I heard on radio 4 (BBC) Argentinian Malbec has more than any other wine! Followed by Eastern European organic red wines.

So - lunch has berries, evening meals are accompanied with Malbec!
    Yeah I knew this, but berries and grapes raise my blood sugar! And Dr Kruse always talks about the Malbec, but I can't afford the import here in Oz. One capsule contains the equalent of 150 glasses of Pinot noir in terms of reservatol, a cheaper fix, surely?

I've heard organic Australian Pinot noir works too. Might have to look into that for pleasure (more fun than capsules, no doubt).

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    Yeah I knew this, but berries and grapes raise my blood sugar! And Dr Kruse always talks about the Malbec, but I can't afford the import here in Oz. One capsule contains the equalent of 150 glasses of Pinot noir in terms of reservatol, a cheaper fix, surely?

I've heard organic Australian Pinot noir works too. Might have to look into that for pleasure (more fun than capsules, no doubt).

Ha! If Dr Kruse talks about Malbec too - that's from 2 sources - I shall double the dosage!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Ha! If Dr Kruse talks about Malbec too - that's from 2 sources - I shall double the dosage!!!!
    Knock yourself out.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I take it and have noticed it helping with my blood pressure. Can not say it would help with weightloss though. I know I could drink a glass of red wine, but I really don't drink
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast