Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultrarunner new to Primal page

Julberg is offline Junior Member

Ultrarunner new to Primal

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm Julie from MN. I'm an ultrarunner with an on going sugar addiction. For the most part I eat a whole foods diet but once a week I'll let sugar get the best of me and the downward spiral begins. I'm excited to begin the 30 Day Primal Challenge on Monday. The sugar is out. I like to run, lift, practice yoga. I am almost fully recovered from an injury-2 herniated discs. I normally eat for training, I'm now eating for health! I'm glad to climb aboard!

Fatkid is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard! Grok on!

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Julie!

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! With ultras how will you eat during an event? I went primal in July. First three weeks were the hardest with running. Still keeping okay run miles for me for the week but really don't know what to eat mid-run for stuff longer than a 1/2. Training has become 2 interval days and 4-5 easy days for around 50 - 60 weekly miles. Usually not much other than quick sugar at the aid stations for the ultra's I've done. I would like to do them again (I've done one 50-miler and the rest have been 50k's. Withdrew by choice at 60-miles in the lone 100 miler I've tried.) but don't know what to do other than scarf the cookies, gummies and assorted junk for the quick fix during the event.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Someone wrote in the forums that Mark said that distance events are one time you can hit the sugar. I'd try to avoid cookies and other grains.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

brunteets is offline Junior Member

малахов плю

диеты, плоский живот, подтянутое тело упражнения упругое тело Доктор борменталь похудение диета моделей виктория секрет
    Высокий холестерин диета кремлевсевская диета ларисы долиной кому помогла кремлевская диета
    похудание с фото Сбросить вес за 2 недели диета с преобладающим в них кальцием
    Суповая диета отзывы снижение веса быстрое похудание кремлевская диета на кп
    соевый соус похудение Диета ок кремлевская диета результаты отзывы дневники
    диета для разгрузочного дня японская диетаская диета
    банановая диета на 28 дней 10 кг сырой сок капусты в борьбе с ожирением Похудение. первопричины избыточного веса и методы их устранения
    диета беременности по месяцам диета ожирение
    жидкая белковая диета ваш плоский живот Диета на английском языке
    как сбросить вес. если принимаешь гормональные препараты активное и быстрое похудение

Thanks for the welcome! I began running 100 mile distance trail ultras 5 years ago and have finished 15. It's been my main distance of focus.(McNaughton, Vermont, Leanhorse, Leadville, Superior Sawtooth, FANS, Javelina...) I mainly fuel with Hammergel & Hammerheed, when I've needed somethin solid I'll eat from my drop bag: dried fruit, nuts, yams. Bananas and oranges are plentiful at aid stations. I have a 50K, a few marathons to close out this year. I don't know that I have the desire to continue to run 100s anymore. They are hard on the body! I may opt for trail marathons & 50Ks. My focus now will be to focus on the primal lifestyle. A new challenge in itself!

ironteeth is offline Junior Member
    Hi Julie
    Having raced ironman and ultras for the past few years combined with a paleo diet I would suggest fuel up with the sugars/gels/potatoe as normal if running more than an hour. I eat clean the rest of the time. If you try to be too paleo on the long runs your body will force you to walk most of the race as it cant convert the fat fast enough to feed the muscles.
    Mark

Thanks, Mark. I have been using Heed gels and drink and will continue to while racing. It's the post run damn Oreo brownies and Splenda that I will be parting ways with. I'm about 80% recovered with herniated discs. I haven't run for 6 weeks, will come back slowly and surely. Sure was difficult not running Superior Sawtooth 100 this weekend.

Put in another order for 1/2 steer and 1/2 hog. I have a feeling it won't last as long this time!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Inspirational to have such warriors here. I hope you share your experiences transitioning to primal Julie. Very interesting.
    ad astra per aspera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast